iPad mini hook up

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new flyer with a lot of questions. I purchased a Phantom 2 Version. So far so good only one crash nothing broke. My first ? Is can I use my iPad mini, it's not a 2. And if so what apt do I down load. Also I've read so post where they made brackets to hold there iPad. Also Amazon or DJI website has the larger holders only the arm would have to be modified. Price around 30 bucks. Thanks for the help. Don

Hello everyone. I'm a new flyer with a lot of questions. I purchased a Phantom 2 Version. So far so good only one crash nothing broke. My first ? Is can I use my iPad mini, it's not a 2. And if so what apt do I down load. Also I've read so post where they made brackets to hold there iPad. Also Amazon or DJI website has the larger holders only the arm would have to be modified. Price around 30 bucks. Thanks for the help. Don

There is no phantom 2 version you either have a P2 non vision or P2 vision+/ vision +v3. The p2 vision line comes with its own gimbal and camera. While the P2 non vision comes with a gimbal and no camera or plain no gimbal. So which is it?

Welcome to the forum :)
If ya mean a Vision then yes you can as I do . You use the DJI vision app. As far as holder's I have made em and am using this right now .
You just unscrew the knob and put this one in and it works great .
IMG_1248.JPG IMG_1249.JPG 11.jpg

My bad Jason. Phantom 2 Vision. It has its on gimbal and camera. dirkclod where did you purchase the bracket your using. I download the apt on my iphone 6. I'll look for it for my iPad. Thanks for the help.

I need to purchase additional battery's, blades and so on. What web site offers the best selection.

Dirkclod. The DJI Vision apt does not show up for the iPad only the iPhone. I did however download the iPhone apt to my iPad. Is this correct. My wife gets a kick out of seeing how high it will go. I don't want to watch it go off into the big blue and never see it again.

Reactions: LuxePhotoSTL
Dirkclod. The DJI Vision apt does not show up for the iPad only the iPhone. I did however download the iPhone apt to my iPad. Is this correct. My wife gets a kick out of seeing how high it will go. I don't want to watch it go off into the big blue and never see it again.
You did it correctly and you might ought to read some in General Discussion's about going over 400'.There's a lot more to this that you need to learn and I would suggest ( JMO ) you get a tracker and you will see some threads in GD about the different ones . You can see in my signature what I use but there's lot's of different ways you can go :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20