Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Skyler King III

I have a hood / sunscreen for my iPad mini (I have a Phantom 4). Several times now it's fallen off with the iPad Mini. Yes, I make sure it (seems) tightly clamped down, but usually when I tis the controller to keep antenna pointed and lined up properly, the iPad et al falls out. I am looking for a hood/sunscreen that STAYS ON and won't fall off with the iPad Mini.

Suggestions welcome please.

2. captainmilehigh

What type of device do you use to hold the iPad mini and sun screen?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

3. Skyler King III

I have the Phantom 4 and use the Phantom 4 Controller "clamp"

4. captain kush

I am currently using 2 strips of velcro side by side on the p4 controller's tray, on the solid part. Then I have 2 strips that match up on the back case of my ipad mini 4. I often use a hoodman aviator sun blocker with the extender and it holds it rock solid. It works good enough that I never have employed the adaptor I milled to mount an ipad tripod mount in place of the standard tablet/phone " tray" that is on the p4. It is an aluminum block slotted and drilled to fit like the standard tray mounts on and then I tapped the end 1/4-20 the same as camera tripods. Then I bought a mount on amazon and screw it right to the block. Holds the ipad solid. But the velcro idea worked so well while I was making the other setup , that I still use the velcro.
    captain kush

#4 captain kush, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Skyler King III likes this.
  5. Skyler King III

THANKS ! I just ordered the Hoodman Aviator. Can you email me a picture of how you have the Velcro set up? Skyking964@gmail.com