iPad Mini + cellular for professionals

Go with:

• Total voters
I have iPad Air 2 and it fits perfect! Where is the problem?

The problem is that the Air 2 doesn't fit into the hardshell backpack. It can fits the Mini only.

Do you know anyone who was able to mod the hardshell to fit the Air?

Don't forget you can always get an external GPS for a wifi only tablet. External GPS is more accurate than the built in GPS. Plus, if you have external GPS you can upgrade your tablet over time and not need to spend extra to get the cellular version each time you upgrade.

Do you use one? What's a good one? I'm going to Google it now, but better to listen to experience :)

Do you use one? What's a good one? I'm going to Google it now, but better to listen to experience :)
I have a Dual, but I rarely use it. I don't use the features that would require GPS at the RC like previously enabled dynamic home point or now the new features like Follow Me, etc. Since I don't need GPS, I don't mess with the Dual. It was an impulse buy. I have a soft spot for gadgets.

There are many threads on the topic. It seems that the most talked about here on the forum are Bad Elf, Dual and GLO. Just search and you will see a lot of threads to read. Good luck sir!

Which Portable Bluetooth GPS Receiver? | DJI Phantom Forum

P3P Ipad Mini 3 WiFi only and Garmin GLO and Follow Me | DJI Phantom Forum

I've put my iPad Air in my DJI hardshell case behind the foam on the lid. Fits fine.

I ordered a what was supposed to be iPad mini 2 with cellular off eBay. Guy tried to rip me off with sending a mini 1. Took me a second to figure out, DJI GO wouldn't download. So I looked up the model # and realized it was a mini 1 with iPad mini 2 stickers on the box and iPad. He is sending me the correct item discounted..... We'll see what happens. Moral of the story, I tried to go cheap and it backfired. Not mad he tried to get over on me but angry I can't fly for 2-3 days. So to answer the OP question, I don't know I'll let you know in a few days.

You can use your smartphone with gps as a hotspot connected with your wifi tablet.
Just to be clear, you can tether to get internet access but tethering does not transmit GPS data from your phone to your tablet.

I have an 8.4 inch Tab Pro, and the screen is good enough, but I wouldn't want to go even 1/2 inch smaller. In fact, every so often I wish I had a bigger screen.

I'm thinking of picking up Air 2, but it's a decision: on one hand, DJI App should finally work without video stutter. On the other hand, there is no Litchi for iOS.

Just to be clear, you can tether to get internet access but tethering does not transmit GPS data from your phone to your tablet.

If you use a hotspot from an iPhone, it actually syncs GPS data from the phone as well.

I have an 8.4 inch Tab Pro, and the screen is good enough, but I wouldn't want to go even 1/2 inch smaller. In fact, every so often I wish I had a bigger screen.

I'm thinking of picking up Air 2, but it's a decision: on one hand, DJI App should finally work without video stutter. On the other hand, there is no Litchi for iOS.

Yes, but we have Autopilot. Do you think Litchi is so much better?

If you use a hotspot from an iPhone, it actually syncs GPS data from the phone as well.
That has been proven to be not true many times on this forum. It seems to be one of those things that just doesn't go away. If you are able to dispute all of the other reports/tests with facts, I would love it. If I have time later, I will try to find the latest of several tests of this that have been posted in the last few months. The most recent I saw was only in the last week or so it seems. Hopefully I can dig it up. Cheers!

That has been proven to be not true many times on this forum. It seems to be one of those things that just doesn't go away. If you are able to dispute all of the other reports/tests with facts, I would love it. If I have time later, I will try to find the latest of several tests of this that have been posted in the last few months. The most recent I saw was only in the last week or so it seems. Hopefully I can dig it up. Cheers!

I agree. Didn't work for me on my iPad with hotspot. I had maps but NO GPS!!!!!!!

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1