Ipad mini and phantom 4 - export video

Reaction score
Hello,

I have two questions:

1. How can I export recorded video to my Ipad ?

I know there is "cache" from live streaming on iPad in 720p which I can cut and then export but is there an option to get 4K video into my ipad mini 4 ? I found an option "transfer from SD" inside DJI app. Is this option to transfer video from SD card, do I need to remove camera protection even for this when I turn ON Phantom ?

It's a problem when I'm on terrain without PC and want to show someone what i recorded and there is just a small window on ipad. Then I need to select complete video and export to have a preview of what I recorded...

2. How do you transfer final video back to iPad (mp4 - I'm using win + adobe premiere pro) to again show someone your final video ;)

thank you

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. How can I export recorded video to my Ipad ?

I know there is "cache" from live streaming on iPad in 720p which I can cut and then export but is there an option to get 4K video into my ipad mini 4 ? I found an option "transfer from SD" inside DJI app. Is this option to transfer video from SD card, do I need to remove camera protection even for this when I turn ON Phantom ?

It's a problem when I'm on terrain without PC and want to show someone what i recorded and there is just a small window on ipad. Then I need to select complete video and export to have a preview of what I recorded...

2. How do you transfer final video back to iPad (mp4 - I'm using win + adobe premiere pro) to again show someone your final video ;)

thank you
Great questions! iPad Mini 4 can't play 2160p 4K video. Highest resolution it can play is 1440p, based upon selectable YouTube resolutions under quality settings (Mini 2 only does 1080p). The only recorded video resolution permitted to be transferred to the iPad from the miniSD card through DJI GO is 1080p. If recorded in 4K, no transfer occurs. Even if you use the iOS Camera Card cable, it looks like the 4K video transfers, but it doesn't. This may have changed since I last explored it.

If you find a way, please share it. I wish I could do the same, as the 4K video recording on the card often shows detail that I would like to explore in another flight, but I never see it until back home, hours later, too late to do anything about it. In the field, all I can use is the low quality 720p 4Mbs bit rate at long distance, which is good enough for flying by FPV and framing, but not much else.

Best way to show someone your final edited 4K Adobe Premiere Pro video is to upload it in 4K to YouTube and stream it from YouTube to your Mini4 in 1440p. That's what I do. If you have an Apple TV, you can also stream it to your large screen HDTV from the iPad Mini4 at the highest resolution supported by your HDTV and Apple TV, which is 1080p for me. Alternatively, you can use an HDMI out port on your video card on your PC, hooked up to your HDTV, to play it from your PC to your TV.

Reactions: subman47

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers