iPad Mini 4

Interesting. I have an iPad Mini 4, 16 gig that I use only for flying and book reading. I have not experienced any of these lag issues that others are complaining about which makes me think that it has more to do with DJI rather than iOS (just my opinion). Not having overheating issues either and I even have an Apple case protecting the device.

Wifi only is fine, but you do not get GPS data via hot spot. So, if you go that way, you will not have follow me ability or the ability to reset the home point based on the RC/tablet current position.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Interesting. I didnt realize that. I thought that if you are getting the maps back, you are getting GPS data from the phone as well. I know there is no GPS per se in a wifi only device, but I assumed the tethering to an external device with GPS would pass that info to the receiving device. I will have to test this. Thanks for the info.

I am thinking about getting the iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi only and using the HotSpot from my iPhone 6 Plus. Would that be fine or is the cellular version that important?

The GPS info won't come over from the hotspot to the Mini if that's what you're thinking. If you think at any point you'll want dynamic home or Follow Me the device itself needs GPS. That is the only need for cellular service (other than maps in real time vs cached)

Reactions: deltalimatango

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik