Ipad mini 4 What Capacity ?

Reaction score
Hi Guys, was going to purchase the new iPad Mini 4 Cellular and was wondering what your advice would be on capacity, i will being using the iPad solely with the P3. Thanks In Advance...

I use my mini 2 cellular with only 16gb. Never had a issue with capacity everything goes to the phantom sd card anyway

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would want at least 32gb. You will be storing video and other files on it and will need more than the basic 16gb to operate smoothly. I have the iPad air 64gb and it is wonderful. If you can afford it, I would really push for the air2. The added screen really makes a difference. You can see everything much clearer. JMHO.

If you're not going to cache the video on your iPad, then a 16 GB will be plenty since you're only using it to fly your P3.

Reactions: sonof40
If you're not going to cache the video on your iPad, then a 16 GB will be plenty since you're only using it to fly your P3.
Won't the 16GB be enough even for video cache? You can always delete the cache after every few flights. Sure you don't need to store ALL the flights on there? I'm not sure what kind of size the cache is though.

Reason I ask is because I'm considering the 16GB cellular mini 4 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using iPad mini 2 (wifi). I don't use it for any other perpose but flying and this forum which takes up 1.7 GB and dji go 1.8 GB so far. I have had zero issues. If I was to buy again I would buy iPad mini 4 for the brighter screen and 32 GB for extra video cache.

Won't the 16GB be enough even for video cache?
Yes. You'll just need to purge the cache more often than someone who has a larger iPad.

Reactions: arizeda
Been using iPad mini 2 (wifi). I don't use it for any other perpose but flying and this forum which takes up 1.7 GB and dji go 1.8 GB so far. I have had zero issues. If I was to buy again I would buy iPad mini 4 for the brighter screen and 32 GB for extra video cache.

Have you filled up your video cache and how many minutes of footage would you say fills it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl