iPad mini 4 - not connecting- NOW SOLVED :-)

Ok, just done a complete factory install (iTunes recovery mode).

App 2.7.1 will now connect to my iPad mini
Sweet!

Thanks CCD for this. I have been going crazy with this issue and my iPad. I will try this method.

I did something similar reading a different thread where I just backed up to iTunes from a wipe on the iPad, but I was unaware of the clean iTunes format. This is for my P4 by the way. I hope it works. Will give it a try.

Might I suggest to the OP, that you put an EDIT on the OP with the solution for Googlers that find this info don't have to search the whole thread.

I just had the same issue with my new iPad Pro. You're going to end up losing your 2.4.3 version. You'll need to place the Mini in recovery mode. Turn off your iPad and hold down the home button as you plug it in to iTunes on your Mac or PC. You can let go once you see the iTunes connection appear on your screen. From there you can completely wipe the iPad and restore to factory settings. Upon completion, you'll need to set up the iPad as new and not restore it from a prior backup. I had to go through this for days before it was figured out. I was also on 2.4.3 however, I think this is the only was to fix you issue. PM me with more questions.
When I get to the part where I plug in my iPad to while holding the home button and I get the "itunes plug in screen", I have two choices, "Update" or "Update and Restore", how do I wipe it?

I just had the same issue with my new iPad Pro. You're going to end up losing your 2.4.3 version. You'll need to place the Mini in recovery mode. Turn off your iPad and hold down the home button as you plug it in to iTunes on your Mac or PC. You can let go once you see the iTunes connection appear on your screen. From there you can completely wipe the iPad and restore to factory settings. Upon completion, you'll need to set up the iPad as new and not restore it from a prior backup. I had to go through this for days before it was figured out. I was also on 2.4.3 however, I think this is the only was to fix you issue. PM me with more questions.
Tried your suggestions after moving from a working ipad mini4 to a new ipad Air 2 . . It will not allow phantom 4 to connect now. it only offers "how to connect" if I click "learn more" it says CSRF mismatch top left on a BLANK white screen. I allowed the app to launch if I selected Phantom3 but not the 4. So I wiped the iPad Air 2 restarted from scratch. reloaded dji GO and now even the Phantom 3 will not show "camera" button. Any idea what's gong on here . . thanks for any suggestions I'm stumped since the Mini4 worked fine.

When clearing the iPad without the use of iTunes you're not resetting to factory settings. Try what I'm telling you, it likely will fix your problem.
Thank you so much for saving me 4+ days of grief trying to get my new iPad Air 2 hooked up! I didn't realize there was a difference between factory reset and erase all, under settings.

Mad props to the one who figured this out. I just got a new iPad Mini 4 and the DJI Go app would not connect - same error as everyone else. Once I restored the iPad from iTunes, it worked. I'm running DJI Go version 2.80 and IOS 9.3.1.

This is good to know! I just upgraded from an iPad mini 2 to an iPad mini 4 because of the higher contrast display with low reflective screen works so much better outdoors in the sunlight.

So far I've had no problems at all with connecting to both a P3P and P3A. The iPad mini 4 is 16 GB wifi only and dedicated to the drones, so I keep the install very clean in the original configuration with no other Apps. This will also make it easier if I have to do the reset.

I'm having same problem with my new iPhone 6s plus. I restored from a previous iPhone 6plus and now I cant connect with my p4 or p3. From what I understand the solution is not to do a restore but to do a factory reset, My question is will I lose any of my content (apps,music settings) that I have now if I don't do a restore?

Problems of this nature are reminiscent of everyday problems with PCs back in the 286 days (mid 1980s), nothing but elaborate aggravation when dealing with the simplest applications. Extremely discouraging.

I expect most of this nonsense will be cleared up within a few years when the software engineers who design these drone piloting systems finally work out all the little bugs and make the drones work they way they're supposed to without all this redundantly complicated nonsense.

All of these problems are the result of incompetent software design.

I'm having same problem with my new iPhone 6s plus. I restored from a previous iPhone 6plus and now I cant connect with my p4 or p3. From what I understand the solution is not to do a restore but to do a factory reset, My question is will I lose any of my content (apps,music settings) that I have now if I don't do a restore?

The fix worked for me. P4 and P3 connected now. Did a DFU restore from Itunes as opposed to a regular restore and all working fine now on my Iphone 6s plus.

Happy to hear your problem was resolved.
Currently in the process of doing the iTunes restore. Fingers crossed this works. Been running the latest version of go app (2.8) on iPhone 6 and works fine, just bought an iPad mini 2 off Craigslist and it's perfect, except won't connect to camera.

I had the same issue with my iPad. After the factory reset I install DJI GO and confirmed it could connect. Then when I connected it to my laptop I was able to restore my previous backup and DJI GO is still able to connect.

It appears DJI GO app stores some settings external to the App folder in iOS devices and they are not erased when App is removed. There is a sequence(??) in which it gets locked and unless you refresh iOS on the device, that piece of information is not erased. Im sure this happens when one jumps few updates, though not very sure as I have never seen this issue. I have been systematically updating after each and every release.

It appears DJI GO app stores some settings external to the App folder in iOS devices and they are not erased when App is removed. There is a sequence(??) in which it gets locked and unless you refresh iOS on the device, that piece of information is not erased. Im sure this happens when one jumps few updates, though not very sure as I have never seen this issue. I have been systematically updating after each and every release.
This definitely appears to be the case and it's extremely frustrating. I had to restore my iPhone from a backup last night (unrelated to my Phantom) and now I can't fly my drone at all because of this issue. Wiping my phone completely and starting from scratch is NOT an option. Not sure what I'm going to do, but there has to be some other way to get around this bug. I'll update if I figure anything out.

Mad props to the one who figured this out. I just got a new iPad Mini 4 and the DJI Go app would not connect - same error as everyone else. Once I restored the iPad from iTunes, it worked. I'm running DJI Go version 2.80 and IOS 9.3.1.

I am in the same boat. Just got my P3A and Mini 4 WiFi only.
Doing the iTunes recovery now. We shall see.
Hey are you able to go into intelligent flight modes on your mini 4?
I was not able to...so I did an upgrade and that's when all this started

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic