Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

ipad mini 3

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Phantom19, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Phantom19

Should the ipad mini 3 work better with the P3 than the ipad mini2?

2. robinb

The only difference is the 3 has touch id.

3. GldnPhx

Exactly what robonb said. There is absolutely no difference. I was using an iPad two with no issues. But I upgraded to iPad Air 2 wifi+4g LTE, wow is all I can say way way way better. The slightly bigger screen and anti reflective screen also brighter make a huge difference.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

You should not notice a difference since they both have an A7 processor. If you want to get the best performance, then get a device with an A8 processor. The iPad Mini 2 works just fine for me though, so an A8 processor is not really necessary.

5. Phantom19

The Air 2 is obviously very very good but as I only use it for the Phantom just a bit too much to spend. As for there being no difference between the mini 3 and mini 2 apart from the touch id I shall get a mini 2. My present Galaxy Tab 3 gives such a lag with the pictures as to be useless, First time with an IOS device and a Phantom hitherto I always used Android.

6. Chris van Wyk

I have the iPad mini 2 and have no issues at all, some have reported lag and signal issues but I have 23 flight and have not had one bad experience!

7. Fares

Ipad air 2 wifi+4g or iphone 6 ?
    What you recommend guys?

8. S5S5G6

bigger screen - better experience usually. Depends if you are flying LOS or just need the app there to change settings etc. I use both and swap them out as the situation dictates.

9. S5S5G6

Oh and to the OP:
    No difference really in Mini2 -> Mini3 , use what you have now or buy the cheaper of the two you can get your hands on unless you need the fingerprint reader + applePay within apps.

10. Kman

You can get a refurbished Air 2 through apple for $419. Comes with the same warranty as if it was a new unit.

11. Fares

Actually in the app store it's says " optimized for iPhones". Wonder if does make difference on iPhones.