Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iPad Mini 3 or 4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FASTFJR, Sep 1, 2016.

1. FASTFJR

My iPad mini 2 is dead so I going to purchased a "New" refurbished 3 or 4. Is the A8 chip in the 4 really any better or faster than the A7 in the 2 or 3? To be honest I really never had any issues on my 2 running any DJI Go or Litchi

Thanks

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

The iPad Mini 4 is faster, a little bit lighter/thinner, and it has an anti-reflective coating on the screen for easier viewing outside. If the iPad Mini 2 worked just fine for you though and you want to save some cash, then you're probably going to be happy with an iPad Mini 3 (or another iPad Mini 2). Performance-wise, the iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 4 seem to be nearly identical to me when using DJI GO.

3. hidaven

4 without hesitation. Have both and the 4 is brighter, faster, and has anti reflective coating.

FASTFJR likes this.
  4. FASTFJR

Thanks!

5. CCrew

Mini 4. Mini 4 has 2gb of memory where the Mini 3 has 1gb. Mini 4 has a barometer, where no other Mini does, and some apps (Autopilot) are starting to take advantage of it. get cellular so that you get GPS, even if you don't get a data plan immediately.

6. rstekeur

I got a Mini 3 with cellular for the GPS, I don't plan on activating cellular. You can get the 2's and 3's for a good price. I got mine under $200

7. CCrew

Mini 3 is essentially a Mini2 with TouchID and a slightly better processor. Same memory as the Mini2 which will be the wall you'll run into performance wise.

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

The processors are identical. No?

9. CCrew

For all intents and purposes yes. Same specs, same chassis size slightly different die package to support some cellular changes. There's no 32gb version of the Mini3 and you can get it in rose gold IIRC

10. msinger

Approved Vendor

Right -- I'm aware of the cosmetic changes. I just didn't want to confuse anyone by leading them to believe the processor has been improved.