IPad mini 2 with retina display.

Reaction score
I read somewhere in my Phantom 3 Pro research that the iPad mini 2 with retina display had issues. I am posting this in hopes of getting some info on which tablet to purchase. I am currently using a kindle fire HD. It works fine, but does not have GPS. So the little box on the DJI Pilot does not work. Please post your reviews on your tablets if you don't mind. If there is a thread on this already, I have not found it. Please post the link, thanks.

I'm using the iPad mini retina and haven't had any problems. I use a tmobile version and get 200m free a month which is perfect for downloading maps.

I use an iPad mini 2 and have had no problems ... Just gets a bit warm after 15 minutes or so, but no issues landing and controlling. Have never used a Kindle although I have one.
From what I've read the iOS seems to work better but I'll leave that to others to comment on

I currently use the iPad Air 2 and have never had an app crash or issue. I am waiting to receive my recently purchased Asus 64GB Z580CA-C1 ZenPad S 8.0 to have as a dedicated unit. I e heard great things about this new tablet but have no first hand experience with it. I look forward to testing it out

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1439950924.257033.jpg

OK, All great advice. I just got Mini 2 also. Now the P3 Standard device holder is awful. May be for a small phone. What is the best device holder for our Mini 2's? Please and Thanks

from what i read the P3S come with different device holder, only able to hold smaller device, not big table like ipad.

I currently use the iPad Air 2 and have never had an app crash or issue. I am waiting to receive my recently purchased Asus 64GB Z580CA-C1 ZenPad S 8.0 to have as a dedicated unit. I e heard great things about this new tablet but have no first hand experience with it. I look forward to testing it out

View attachment 27932

I am an android guy, but I just returned my ZenPad S 8.0. It had great no lag FPV, but it would crash on every 2nd battery (I only have 2 batts). Some times I could recover quickly, sometimes not at all. Way to annoying, and I am afraid it would eventually cause me bigger issues (like a crash). I have flown multirotors for years. I have never gotten so much use out of RTH in all my years of flying, as in a week with the Asus.

Exchanged for the Mini 2 today, but of course it rained, so no flight yet. But what I did notice is there are a lot more features in the iOS Go app than in the android

I am an android guy, but I just returned my ZenPad S 8.0. It had great no lag FPV, but it would crash on every 2nd battery (I only have 2 batts). Some times I could recover quickly, sometimes not at all. Way to annoying, and I am afraid it would eventually cause me bigger issues (like a crash). I have flown multirotors for years. I have never gotten so much use out of RTH in all my years of flying, as in a week with the Asus.

Exchanged for the Mini 2 today, but of course it rained, so no flight yet. But what I did notice is there are a lot more features in the iOS Go app than in the android

I'm guessing the ZenPad you had wasn't the newest CA model with faster processor and more RAM? It hasn't been released yet.

Sky, does it wobble around? Are there any device holders that are a bit more substantial? Not knocking the orange clip. Thanks in advance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31