Ipad mini 2 wifi or 4g

Reaction score
Do you think its worth paying the extra over the ipad mini 2 wifi for the 4G version ? Will i regret getting just the wifi version for my P4 ?

Do you need do to any of the following?
  • Reset the home point to your current location after takeoff
  • Use the Follow Me feature in DJI GO
  • Live stream your video to YouTube/Facebook
If not, then then Wi-Fi only iPad Mini 2 would be the better buy for you.

Also, if you get the Wi-Fi only iPad Mini 2 and need to add GPS later, you could get an external Bluetooth GPS receiver for about $100 -- like the Garmin GLO or the Dual XGPS160. You can find some other commonly used external Bluetooth GPS receivers here.

Though i probably dont need to do all those things I do like to have the full functionality available to me, also want the maps to show up bottom left of screen. And also will it help to find a flyaway p4 should it ever happen ?

When using a Wi-Fi only device, you'll either need to cache your maps before your head out to fly or tether your device to a mobile phone until the maps have been downloaded.

Thanks folks. Ordered the ipad mini 2 wifi + 4G from Tesco for £259, with the wifes clubcard points it came down to £190. Just wait for it to arrive at my local store now.
One final stupid question, what sim does the tesco ipads take ? Searched but cant find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just my opinion, I had the IPad mini 2 but later upgraded to the mini 4 because it has a better processor and was less prone to overheating.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get Air 2, you will love it. Just cash the map and your location once on the fly location. Never had/used the cell feature, make your phone a hotspot for the map.

Hi do you have a iPhone if so you can use it's personal hotspot to link up your iPad mini to it. so no more cost for up graded iPad or sim.
just go to you phone settings then personal hotspot turn on set password and then look for it on your iPad wifi setting. there you go wifi where ever you are, just remember to have phone with you ;)

Typical, get the ipad mini 4g and everyone says its not up to job ah well, have to wait for it to arrive and see how i get on. The samsung s4 has coped admirable but screen is just too small.

Hi do you have a iPhone if so you can use it's personal hotspot to link up your iPad mini to it. so no more cost for up graded iPad or sim.
just go to you phone settings then personal hotspot turn on set password and then look for it on your iPad wifi setting. there you go wifi where ever you are, just remember to have phone with you ;)
Thank you Brad, just wanted all in one setup. Dont have an iphone though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.