Ipad Mini 2 to Ipad Mini 4 connectivity

Reaction score
First post here to hello to everyone..
My issue is that I have just spunked 400 notes on a new ipad mini 4 4G+wifi and the poxy thing wont connect to my controller. I fly a phantom 3 advanced and it works fine with the ipad 2 and my iphone 6s.
Has anyone else had this issue? Or can anyone offer advice as to how to sort it out please?
All firmware is up to date and the IOS is running the latest.

Thanks all.

Same issue here and at a total loss, see different people using iPad mini 3 with no problem but when using the app its impossible to connect to the phantom 3, works fine with the 5s, any help at all???

I had the exact same problem. I have a phantom 3 advanced with all firmware up to date, an iPhone 6+ iOS 9.3.1, and the DJI Go app version 2.8. Everything worked fine. I tried my iPad mini 2 and again everything worked fine. I bought an iPad mini 4 and could not get it to connect just like you are saying. After reading this post iPad mini 4 - not connecting - NOW SOLVED :), I plugged my iPad 4 into my mac reset it from iTunes and reinstalled the Go App, logged in, synch'ed everything, turned on the remote, turned on the phantom, then connected my iPad 4 and it immediately worked. I have NO explanation for this. It works and thus I am happy. Give it a shot. Hopefully you will have similar luck.

gh

I bought an iPad mini 4 and could not get it to connect just like you are saying. After reading this post [...] I plugged my iPad 4 into my mac reset it from iTunes and reinstalled the Go App, logged in, synch'ed everything, turned on the remote, turned on the phantom, then connected my iPad 4 and it immediately worked.

grr, as a long-time Apple user I feel it is a shame that DJI and Apple can let this weird error remain unfixed for so long, and the users have to resort to this kind of voodoo.

Agreed. If it is any consolation, it really only took 15 minutes to get it to work. Reseting up my iPad from scratch (email, apps, organization of said apps) took the majority of time. I haven't had any of the issues regarding the iPad mini 4 as mentioned in other posts e.g. green flickering, delayed live feed, etc. It is a perfect screen size for the remote.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31