iPad Mini 2 Retina 16G/Wifi work well with Phantom 3 standard [Q]

Well, I installed google maps on the ipad and cached a very large area here in the valley. All seemed to go ok. I took some time to cache the file. I just went back and started up the outfit. Pulled up the standard map view around my home point, then tapped hybrid and there it was. However the area is kind of small, maybe 50 acres at 200 scale, And if you scroll the map around, the areas off the edges of the map are the dark grey I was seeing. Perhaps I had moved off the detailed area before. I am surprised it doesn't fill in the detail as it scrolls. Is this making any sense? I will go back and play with it some more

You should be scrolling around in the DJI GO app to load and cache the maps. DJI GO uses Apple maps.

Is your iPad Mini 2 connected to the Internet? Can you see the satellite view for the same location in the Apple Maps app?

I went back again and tried some things. If you try to switch the map to satellite or hybrid while having the map view full screen, it goes all grey. Then if you go back to camera view and the map is minimized in the lower right corner, it suddenly switches to the hybrid/satellite view. At that point, if you switch back to full screen map you have the detail. Perhaps my tablet video processor wont run the app and start the big screen detailed map?

I have the latest version installed. Your video was "pilot".
Got it. I thought you were saying you were somehow managing to use DJI Pilot :)

Yes, the procedure is the same. You just scroll around in the map like in the above video.

Could you use your iPhone as a HotSpot for the iPad to allow iMap to download new map of new flight area?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj