iPad Mini 2 Retina 16G/Wifi work well with Phantom 3 standard [Q]

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a guy who told me that
iPad Mini 2 Retina 16G/Wifi
will not work well with DJI Phantom 3 standard. He also told me that with that Ipad mini 2 retina, IOC wont work. Course Lock, Home Lock, Point of interest, Way points and follow me wont work.
Im about to buy a phantom 3 standard and also 1 ipad. Thats suck to hear that, is that for real >>

All of those features will work with the P3S -- except Follow Me. You'll need the cellular version of the iPad Mini 2 in order to use Follow Me. Or, you could purchase an external bluetooth GPS receiver.

The iPad 1 is too slow to run the DJI GO app.

Reactions: LK8472
Thank you very much. Im totally new here for everything. Now i can understand something i did not. The course lock, home lock, way points and points of interest will work well because the aircraft has it own GPS. And the the Follow me mode wont work because the tablet do not have GPS. Is that corret >

That's correct.

Reactions: nosisme
One more Q. Where the video go while recording with P3S. How can i save it to my laptop>

in order for the follow me to work you need a device that has gps I suggest getting the ipad mini 2 with wifi+gsm .. also when you record the video gets saved on the sd card on the camera you can pop that out and save to laptop and a copy will be saved to you ipad , so you can connect your ipad to iTunes etc ...

I can personally vouch for the iPad Mini 2 (WiFi only) version working extremely well with the P3S. True, you will not have the functionality for Follow Me and also resetting the home point to your current position should you decide to walk away from the take-off area. A suggestion I would add is that the P3S RC cannot natively hold an iPad. You will need to either have a bracket 3D printed or purchase from eBay (or wherever) to have it mount on the RC properly.

A suggestion I would add is that the P3S RC cannot natively hold an iPad. You will need to either have a bracket 3D printed or purchase from eBay (or wherever) to have it mount on the RC properly.
You could also attach the Inspire 1 tablet mount (like I did here).

374d93dba315c09cb1850d21c3cb22ff.jpg
a41cb7c4845bbbeb1a83831c6d9d5402.jpg
55f73deda6fa85f0c14c88c73d7846fe.jpg

Find what works best to your abilities. Not ready to crack open my RC just yet. Maybe once my warrantee is up

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Min2 works fine thought I had a problem once but was the show overexposure setting made me think camera was broken

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
A lot of information. Thank you all. I have to figure out how to hold the tablet in the RC with my ability. The dealer is running out of product. At my place, thing is not easy to buy online.

Well, something pop up. I saw a Ipad Mini 3 retina Cellular on some website. Besides the Cellular, what make this Ipad Mini is 3 and mine is 2 ? They are the same A7, the same IOS, i could not see what is difference between them? Is this better than my mini Ipad ?

All of those features will work with the P3S -- except Follow Me. You'll need the cellular version of the iPad Mini 2 in order to use Follow Me. Or, you could purchase an external bluetooth GPS receiver.

The iPad 1 is too slow to run the DJI GO app.
On my Ipad Mini 2 the map will not show the satellite or hybrid layers, omly the simple map. Anu idea why?

Do you see this icon on your map in DJI GO? If not, please post a screenshot so I can see what your map looks like.

IMG_0109.PNG

Is your iPad Mini 2 connected to the Internet? Can you see the satellite view for the same location in the Apple Maps app?

Is your iPad Mini 2 connected to the Internet? Can you see the satellite view for the same location in the Apple Maps app?
Well, I installed google maps on the ipad and cached a very large area here in the valley. All seemed to go ok. I took some time to cache the file. I just went back and started up the outfit. Pulled up the standard map view around my home point, then tapped hybrid and there it was. However the area is kind of small, maybe 50 acres at 200 scale, And if you scroll the map around, the areas off the edges of the map are the dark grey I was seeing. Perhaps I had moved off the detailed area before. I am surprised it doesn't fill in the detail as it scrolls. Is this making any sense? I will go back and play with it some more

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20