iPad mini 2 for my p3s

Reaction score
Hey all last week I went out and bought the Samsung tab3 lite. I was successful side loading the app but I was getting a lag and no signal almost immediately. I returned the tablet and purchased iPad mini 2 I have not taken my bird out yet but just from downloading the app I already see things I never saw with my tablet or cell phone which is also a Samsung 6s . Hopefully all the other stuff will be eliminated with this new tablet,I will be taking her up later on this morning and will update with how my flight goes....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Let us know how it goes. I have a Mini 2 lying around, I want to know if I can put it to good use.

I definitely will

Well just got back from a quick test run with my ipad mini 2 and it was flawless.
Everything I was experiencing trouble with has now disappeared. No more lag no more lost signal

Last edited:
I think apple is the way to go when it cone to the phantom. So many more features that I never saw with my phone or tablet

Last edited:
the only thing that totally blows is the frikkin' glare when outside on a sunny day, i've seen the sun shades, but not really sure how great they work or even a good way to attach. only drawback so far i've encountered, the stinkin' glare on the iPad.

Yes the glare was pretty bad. I would like to know if the sun shade works and if someone could recommend a good one.

The DJI original shade, but that doesn't fit on P3S. How did you mount the iPad? Plz send pic(s)!

I just ordered a mount waiting on it

Not sure how well it will work either

Send a link. I'm sure someone has used it!

Reactions: Bronx_Bomber
Thanks Quadbart!!

Reactions: QuadBart
Thing is, especially with the Std, the hood must be short enough to allow access for camera controls!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4