ipad mini 2,3,or 4 ?

ipad mini 2, 3, 4

Votes: 6 60.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If thats the case then I see your point. The only down side then would be having another "thing" to have to tote around. But Im guessing its pretty small.
Yeah, it's tiny. Great device, no problem carrying it around. The biggest issue is that it's yet another thing to keep charged up.

Reactions: III% Streve
Since we are already on the topic of tablets, a quick question.

I have been thinking about trying an Nvidia Shield just for a change and to play with the Litchi app. I can't seem to find a new Shield for sale anywhere due to the recent recall. I don't like to buy used electronics, so I may need to go with something else unless someone knows where to get a new Shield or a reliable estimate of when a Shield 2 will be out. Any ideas you guys?

Also, since a tablet is one of the most important parts of your kit, and we get literally countless questions about "which tablet" on the forum, any idea why a "Phones/Tablets" section is not part of the P3 wiki? It seems that would be a no brainer. Am I missing something obvious there? Thanks.
I dont think youre missing anything. I think there is far to much opinion and little to no real fact involved in tablet selection. Everyone wants to blame DJI and the GO app for their troubles, on many devices. But few realize that its their individual hardware that is in question. Unfortunately, DJI CANT test the app on every device and say what works best. There are literally thousands! And then add to that the variations in apps and OS installed..

Personally, I think its best to go at it just like buying a computer. Compare specs alone. You need as much CPU, memory, and video processor as you can afford. Beyond that, the options are limitless!

I dont think youre missing anything. I think there is far to much opinion and little to no real fact involved in tablet selection. Everyone wants to blame DJI and the GO app for their troubles, on many devices. But few realize that its their individual hardware that is in question. Unfortunately, DJI CANT test the app on every device and say what works best. There are literally thousands! And then add to that the variations in apps and OS installed..

Personally, I think its best to go at it just like buying a computer. Compare specs alone. You need as much CPU, memory, and video processor as you can afford. Beyond that, the options are limitless!
I definitely agree with you 100% which is why I decided on a Shield after researching options. Now I can't find a new one, so I may have missed the boat anyway. Not a big deal really, I was just looking for something different than my Air 2 to goof around with to help get me excited about flying again for a while.

I have an iPhone 6 plus and it works great with that.

I briefly tried an iPad 2 mini last month and I was getting breakup of signal, lots of dropouts etc when only 50 m or so away.
I did not activate any acceleration.
Went back to iPhone 6+ from same spot and again perfect.

Though I might be temped with an air 2 if I can get one at the right price.

There is a balance here... Weight / cost / performance. All of these tabs are heavy. I truly think that the Ipad Mini 2 is the best choice for the job. Why? It has so much graphics power that you don't have to not put all your other stuff on it. You can use it as a normal tablet too... (unlike say the Nexus 7). It has a 8" screen which is Plenty big. It is at the size and weight limit of controller comfort. Any larger and the controller is so top-heavy...the bracket can hardly hold the tab safely. The Mini 2 is on sale all over for Xmas at $199. It is a smokin' general purpose tab, killer-good at games- and runs DJI Go at full frame rate at all times. Bob
Maybe you can help me here. Just bought mimi-2 and can't get it to connect with my phantom 4. iPhone 6 works great but can't get mini to hook up. Its a cellular version with no sim card and controller and unit have both been firmware upgraded. DJI Go app installed on clean IPAD mini 2. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Maybe you can help me here. Just bought mimi-2 and can't get it to connect with my phantom 4. iPhone 6 works great but can't get mini to hook up. Its a cellular version with no sim card and controller and unit have both been firmware upgraded. DJI Go app installed on clean IPAD mini 2. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

what version of iOS is on the iPhone 6? What version of iOS on min-2?

Plz try this:
connect mini-2 to iTunes and update to iOS 9.3.1..
Then download GO APP and open it and login.. Then switch on RC.. then switch on the drone..

this is what worked for me when i had same problem - everything ok on iPhone5 with iOS8.4.1 but not connecting on iPad Air2 with iOS9.. Above steps especially iTunes connected update to 9.3.1 solved it for me.. ((please ensure aircraft & RC are updated to the latest FW before ))

what version of iOS is on the iPhone 6? What version of iOS on min-2?

Plz try this:
connect mini-2 to iTunes and update to iOS 9.3.1..
Then download GO APP and open it and login.. Then switch on RC.. then switch on the drone..

this is what worked for me when i had same problem - everything ok on iPhone5 with iOS8.4.1 but not connecting on iPad Air2 with iOS9.. Above steps especially iTunes connected update to 9.3.1 solved it for me.. ((please ensure aircraft & RC are updated to the latest FW before ))

I would not upgrade to latest firmware and did not want to.

Read the link 2 above posted MSINGER

Recovery mode is the way to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20