Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iPad/iPhone lightning cable to phantom?

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by DarkXess, Dec 19, 2015.

1. DarkXess

Hey guys, just wondering if this is possible? I know its possible on the Pro but on the Phantom 3 Standard is it able to use a lightning cable from iPad/iPhone to the controller instead of over wifi? if so then can someone link me to where I can buy it, I have searched for numerous names wording the such but haven't come across anything.

Thank you.

2. mandalay

You can't do this with P3S; only available with P3A/Pro

DarkXess likes this.
  3. DarkXess

Ahh right, ok then... well thanks for letting me know :)

4. FotoGeek

5. DarkXess

6. FotoGeek

Yes it works. I had a standard for about a week and that is what I ordered from Amazon. I then upgraded to the Pro.

7. mandalay

That's not a lightning cable

@DarkXess, your P3S comes with a micro USB cable so you can download videos and flight data from your bird. You can't use the lightning cable on P3S for video transmission just like P3A/P/Inspire. It can only be done via WiFi. The RC does not have a USB port for you to plug in that cable.

DarkXess likes this.
  8. FotoGeek

I didn't say it was a lightening cable. I assume since the gentleman already has an iOS device that has a lightening cable.. so he will need this adaptor to connect it to his Phantom RC and iOS device. The Phantom RC only comes with a USB to MicroUSB cable for Android devices, so he can use this adaptor/convertor along with his lightning cable to connect it to an iOS device.

9. drquest

I can't speak for what it will do, but yes that cable will allow you to connect the Apple lightning cable to it. It gives you a USB female connection and your lightning will plug into it. Again, probably won't do anything, maybe charge your phone?

10. mandalay

But what functionality does it provide by doing this?

11. mandalay

Exactly...I don't know what it will do either.

12. DarkXess

Well.... thanks guys, It seems that I would either wait or upgrade in the future :p

13. HawaiiBob

Try Amazon.com. My P3 standard came with a micro USB to a full size A/B plug .... the size that plugs into a charger. What I needed was a micro USB on one end, for the controller, and a lightening plug on the other end, to fit my IPhone. I found it for $7.79 on Amazon.

BTW- Mine came with no instructions. Just a quick start guide. No mention of anything to do with wifi, firmware, nor much one needs to know. I downloaded the user manual from the DJI site. Things are charging as I write this, and I will hopefully have my maiden flight tomorrow.

I've heard and seenmention on YouTube that it is important to upgrade firmware before trying a first flight. Can someone point me to a link explaining those matters, please?

Thanks,

HawaiiBob

14. HawaiiBob

15. dg8882

Haha, firmware updates for the standard break more things than they fix, but that has already been discussed enough on some other posts.