ipad gs firmware update - help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 8967
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8967

So I'm a mac guy and haven't had to use windows in years, and therefor haven't had to deal with drivers. Maybe not being able to get this to update is on me, but if anyone has advice i'd love to hear it.

I have the assistant software installed and the drivers downloaded, but windows won't see and install the drivers, even if I open device manager and point to the right folders. So that when I open the update software from DJI it just doesn't see the items to be upgraded. Any advice? This is on windows vista

Thread moved to Groundstation section.

I assume you have the ground unit connected to the PC via the USB cable? Have you tried connecting it to a different port?

2.4g firmware update - help!

I am having the exact same problem. Installed the 2.4g datalink assistant software but when I plug in the ground unit via USB to update the firmware, the assistant software doesn't "see" it. I tried a different USB port with no change. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Re: 2.4g firmware update - help!

Phantom2Captain said:
I am having the exact same problem. Installed the 2.4g datalink assistant software but when I plug in the ground unit via USB to update the firmware, the assistant software doesn't "see" it. I tried a different USB port with no change. Any help would sure be appreciated.

I wanted to update my P2 firmware to version 2, but I read on the manual that it's destined for XP and 7 (and I think 8) only, so what do us Vista users do? I suspect that's why the assistant software cannot see it.
Please let me know if you find an answer, and I'll do likewise.

I finally got the 2.4g datalink assistant software to work and find my hardware. By chance, I downloaded the "DJI WIN Driver Installer" file from the DJI web site. Once I installed that file the Datalink Assistant Software worked as it's suppose to. Who knew? Now my datalink ground end, air end and BTU module are all updated with the latest firmware. I plan on taking my first GS flight later today.

Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers