IPad ground station on Phantom 2

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I am a newbie I just got a phantom 2 and an Ipad ground station and am having trouble figuring out how to install it on my phantom. I don't see a buss. Help if you can.

you hook it up to the can port on leg. but it isn't supported yet so it won't work until they do an update. hopefully soon.

I did connect it to the port on the leg. Updateted all firm wear and cant get the ipad to see it. Is that because its not supported?

The phantom and ground station do not talk to eachother yet. DJI has to do a firmware update that enables this. At this time the update is not available. You can leave it connected. Just can't use it yet.

If you have a phantom 2, there is a canbus port on the leg. You can't miss it. If you have a phantom 1 or vision, you won't have this port.

Ksc said:
If you have a phantom 2, there is a canbus port on the leg. You can't miss it. If you have a phantom 1 or vision, you won't have this port.

Again, sorry...I'm new.

What does one attach to the "canbus port" on the leg in order to enable Ground Station on the PV2?

I can see the port; I can't find any information on what might get plugged in there though.

Thanks.

This: http://1uas.com/DJI-IOS-Ground-Station- ... ord=Ground

The ground station is not built in. It's an optional accessory. There are two parts to the ground station, the TX and the RX. The RX plugs into the canbus port and the TX is on the ground and connects to your iPad. The RX can also plug into the mini iosd if you decide yo connect the iosd to the canbus port.

Think of it as a Viper car alarm. It's an add on. You have two pieces, the part that connects to your key chain (TX) and the part that connects to car (RX).

Ksc said:
This: http://1uas.com/DJI-IOS-Ground-Station- ... ord=Ground

The ground station is not built in. It's an optional accessory. There are two parts to the ground station, the TX and the RX. The RX plugs into the canbus port and the TX is on the ground and connects to your iPad. The RX can also plug into the mini iosd if you decide yo connect the iosd to the canbus port.

Think of it as a Viper car alarm. It's an add on. You have two pieces, the part that connects to your key chain (TX) and the part that connects to car (RX).

Ah. Thank you. That explains it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers