iPad Ground Station App...

Reaction score
Ok, pardon my rookieness....

Prior to ordering my P2V+ i was playing with the Ground Station app on the iPad. I couldn't wait to use it. Now that I have the P2V+ and have tried the iPhone app's ground station finally yesterday, I'm getting a little braver to try a little more automation. After starting the app, I discover it can't connect to the aircraft.

Simple questions:

1) Can I assume the iPad Ground Station App doesn't work with the P2V+?

2) Is there a way to make it work with the P2V+?

Thanks,
Couchie

1. Is wrong assumption, because it shoud work.
2. Have you followed the proper precedure (as per manual) to make the connection between the app, the wifi extender and the bird?

The Ipad ground station app does not work with the P2V+. Ground station for Ipad or Iphone is found within the DJi vision app. This app is not an app made for the ipad, but is made for the Iphone, and can be found under Iphone apps. It will install on your Ipad.

I appreciate the answers, but let me clarify the question.

I have used the Ground station part of the DJI Vision app (made for the iPhone, but can be used on the iPad at 2X).

The Ground station app I am speaking of is this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ground- ... 06978?mt=8

If it is not compatible for the P2V+, is there a way to make the P2V+ work with the iPad app?

FantomPhlyer said:
I'm new here as well, but I do not beleive the poeple responding here have read into the issue as much as myself.
Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18439&start=130
It is possible with a hardware kit: http://www.helipal.com/dji-ipad-ground- ... odule.html

Yes, if you modify your Vision+ a lot of things are "possible", but I think its pretty clear that the original poster expected the iPad Ground Station app to work with his Vision+ out of the box. He did not realize there was another DJI app for the iPhone that has ground station built in (albeit a less powerful version of the software).

I *think* we've cleared up that confusion for him.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1