Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iPad and Vision Plus?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by FASTFJR, Oct 14, 2014.

1. FASTFJR

I have a Phantom 1 and 2, I will admit I know very little about the Vision Plus. My local firehouse approached me about the use of drones, one of the volunteers had seen my videos. In a nut shell for what they have to spend I said the Vision Plus was a great option. With that said they were wondering about using an iPad instead of an iPhone. I have no idea if it would work or not, so here I am.

Thanks

2. FASTFJR

Thanks, Does the iPad or iPad Mini need cell service? I'm assuming someone here has already built a holder for an iPad

3. FASTFJR

Thanks!!!

4. pb7424

I use a full size iPad on a camera tripod and it works great. I bought an iPad holder for the tripod on eBay. If I want to move around while flying, I use a cheap ($33) iRulu 7" tablet that I can mount right to the transmitter. All I did was cut a strip of Plexiglas about 4" long and 1" wide and used a heat gun to bend the ends over a piece of tubing to make it "S" shaped. It fits great using the phone holder on the transmitter and the tablet weight is not excessive.

5. FASTFJR

Great idea!

6. victor

Do you have a picture?

7. pb7424

Here you go. I used small pieces of adhesive backed rubber strips at the ends for a better grip. Also added a small piece of Velcro to keep the Plexiglas piece attached to the back of the tablet.

Attached Files: