Ipad air and DJI GO 4

Reaction score
I've tried to download the Go 4 app on my Ipad air and it says device not compatible. What could be the problem. Thanks in advance.

I was in the same situation this week when I upgraded from the P2 to my new P4.
What I learned, when my iPad mini (1) wouldn't allow the use of dji go 4, was that you need an iPad Air 2 or newer model or iPad mini 2 or newer model.
On the subject of memory you only need 16GB model for the app but (at least in regards to the mini 2) you can get a 32GB for the same price and get more memory for other (than dji go) usage.
Hope this helps.

Yes sir. Thanks for the reply. I had just figured out my problem about 5 minutes before you responded.
If I go ahead and download the regular DJI GO app and fly it with that will I be able to later get a new Ipad and download the Go 4 app and fly it then?

In all honesty I don't know, I had had my iPad mini (1) for nearly four years and I hadn't upgraded it because I simply didn't use it for more than web browsing and email. The purchase of the P4 justified (in my mind) the purchase of an iPad mini 2 32GB and it is fantastic with the P4, and frankly makes even typing this reply a great deal easier than my old mini.
Short answer is get a mini 2 for the Phantom ;)

One word of advice I will add...
If you go for the iPad mini 2 you will save quite a bit compared to the Air 2 but it has no anti-reflection coating on the screen (Air 2 does afaik and mini 4 definitely does).
That said I always buy a screen protection film and I got one with the anti-reflection in the screen protector (so problem solved).
You should also really really invest in the tablet hood, regardless of what screen you use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers