Ipad air 2 wifi only?

Reaction score
I recently ordered the iPad air 2 wifi only model. Should I have gotten the cellular model even though I don't plan on hooking it up through a cellular service? I know it has GPS. By using the wifi only model, what functions if any will I lose or not be able to see? I still have the chance to return it as I haven't opened it, just want to make sure it's worth the additional $175 extra for cellular model. Thanks!

I know it has GPS. By using the wifi only model, what functions if any will I lose or not be able to see?
You will not be able to use the Follow Me feature or reset the home point to your current location after takeoff.

Search the forum. There must be a few thousand posts on this topic by now. In fact, you may have put it over the 10,000 mark.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I recently ordered the iPad air 2 wifi only model. Should I have gotten the cellular model even though I don't plan on hooking it up through a cellular service? I know it has GPS. By using the wifi only model, what functions if any will I lose or not be able to see? I still have the chance to return it as I haven't opened it, just want to make sure it's worth the additional $175 extra for cellular model. Thanks!
On apple devices, the GPS capability is combined with the cellular capability and that is the reason you need cellular capability. You do not need to have cellular service, tho, On Android and others, the GPS capability is separate.

Thats how I started, I had an Ipad Mini 3 Wifi or something like that. While it worked for the most part, I really wanted to be able to use ALL the features. So I found a left-over Ipad Air with Cellular from Best Buy for just over 300 bucks. So you might want to check for left-over Ipad devices that are compatible and cheaper than current models

I also found a slightly used Air 2 on Amazon and it is dedicated to droning with no additional apps. Works fine and fits RC holder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.