iPad Air 2 runs real hot with DJI Go

Reaction score
Upgraded all firmware, recalibrate, and go for test flight. Actually was flying very well and stable even in some wind. Battery got to 70% and the air 2 shut off from heat. This has never happened before even at outside temps higher than the 95* today in Nevada. This DJI Go must be a real cpu hog. Anyone else see this?

I've read some posts from others echoing your observation. Seems to be making some devices run rather hot.

I foolishly had auto-update on my iPhone, so now I'm stuck with DJI Go without any say in the matter. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Concerning. I have an iPad Mini 2 the heat issues have been bad enough using the Pilot app. I also auto updated to DJI Go. **** it.

****! I'll be trying mine out tomorrow, most likely. Will be around 95 here too. I'll post if there's a problem.

ETA: I was wrong.............. 105+ rest of week!

Reactions: The English Guy
****! I'll be trying mine out tomorrow, most likely. Will be around 95 here too. I'll post if there's a problem.

ETA: I was wrong.............. 105+ rest of week!
Thanks snerd, it's pretty bad when the p3 battery outlasts the iPad [emoji16]

I've read some posts from others echoing your observation. Seems to be making some devices run rather hot.

I foolishly had auto-update on my iPhone, so now I'm stuck with DJI Go without any say in the matter. Haven't tried it yet, though.
If you have done a back up to iTunes prior to this you can just delete the app from iPhone and plug in to iTunes and install old app back on phone. Always back up before adding apps gives you options

My air 2 did not get hot at all tonight. It didn't have any issues at all. All the latest updates and ran rather great!

Let's see if we can compare our settings and see if there is a difference.

Ipad 2 mini w/retina display 64 GB. Hardware decoding on, video cache off. No problems. If I turn off hardware decoding off it gets extremely hot and the display pixelates after 20 min. Outside temp 95 deg, and sunny. No issues with latest firmware, still a noob

Ipad 2 mini w/retina display 64 GB. Hardware decoding on, video cache off. No problems. If I turn off hardware decoding off it gets extremely hot and the display pixelates after 20 min. Outside temp 95 deg, and sunny. No issues with latest firmware, still a noob

ipad air not air2 decoding on 64g dji go
run full flight no hotter than usual
took same set up out using pilot app instead of dji go could not tell any temp difference
both flights in 87 F
I updated both my pro and advanced and they both went well . I have to say they hover like a charm did high sped passes back and forth with both about 4ft off ground and worked fantastic. So Id did fix my VPS issues sorry yours didn't clear up

However my Advanced with the un level horizon after updated imu calib.and gimbal calib still goes in and out of level especially when turning to new direction:(

Only thing I've found in the setup that I normally have off is cache maps in the background. I turned it off and did a test flight and all seemed ok, not near as hot as it was earlier. I'll do another test tomorrow in the same heat as today and see how it goes. Not sure if the cache in the background makes the iPad really busy or not, don't completely understand the function I guess. My wifi was on but I don't pay for the cellular, all other apps off.

Only thing I've found in the setup that I normally have off is cache maps in the background. I turned it off and did a test flight and all seemed ok, not near as hot as it was earlier. I'll do another test tomorrow in the same heat as today and see how it goes. Not sure if the cache in the background makes the iPad really busy or not, don't completely understand the function I guess. My wifi was on but I don't pay for the cellular, all other apps off.
That should make no difference as the maps will not be cache if the wifi was not hooked to anything

There will be issues if the temps outside are 90+ degree outside. I have tried all ISO Devices and I yet to have any issues with the iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be issues if the temps outside are 90+ degree outside. I have tried all ISO Devices and I yet to have any issues with the iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just the opposite. My Air 2 did not run any hotter today on the new firmware, but my iPhone 6+ again went darker and darker. 103 today.

I had my auto update on as well.... big "oops" on my part. So I had to sit there and update both devices, recalibrate and test within 40 minutes before a game started. I was scared as hell.....

With only 3 flights using DJI GO and the new FW updates it's hard for me to tell, but it seems like there's no real difference in how warm my Mini 3 gets.

I do notice that my heat issues are really dependent on ambient air temps. Below 90 degrees and I don't have any issues at all.

I have been mindful to keep my iPad in the shade when I'm between flights. On very warm days I'll take the tablet to my car and turn on the AC to gently cool it down...definitely helps.

:harry

iPad 2 retina...... In Memphis TN, the armpit on America, it's HOT. I'm good for about 5-10 minutes then it all does wrong. Picture freezes, pixelated over and over. I have everything set as recommended to reduce heat. I'm stuck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers