Ipad 4 and DJI go app

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I cant seem to find a current post on this

So i have an IPad 4 and I downloaded the Dji go app to it and it seems to work. I can connect to the trainer and it connects to the Drone...

my question is Are there any issues using my I pad 4 (wifi) with my phantom 3... I cant see to find anywhere where my device is supported but it seems to be working well. I am just to nervous to go fly with it if it is going to have issues and crash my drone!!!

Did they do firmware update to make it work?

Thanks
Jamie

If it's an original iPad, then it's not going to work. The processor is not fast enough to run DJI GO. While it won't cause your Phantom to crash, the video will mostly likely freeze up and/or be choppy in the DJI GO app as you're flying.

Maybe check eBay too if you're looking to buy used.

Let me get your thoughts of an external monitor (small one) hooked up to your Phone?? would that work

I suppose it would be possible, but it would not be as convenient as a tablet and the display might have a slight delay.

I have an iPad Air. I fly using it regularly. Very smooth. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can use the iPad mini or Pro 2nd generation or later, and you can use a WiFi only version. If you want GPS then you can BlueTooth connect a GPS module such as the Garmin GLO to the iPad.

I also have the iPad Air with data capabilities, but only for the gps built in. You don't have to sign up for data , Verizon, sprint etc for it to work. Smooth as silk

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl