iPad 2 mini vs iPad 4 mini With P4....?

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with both to let me know if there is a difference in these for my P4. I've been using my iphone 6 and looking for a bigger screen. I'm sure either will be a big improvement but would like to know if there is an advantage worth the difference in price. Thanks!

The iPad Mini 4 is faster, lighter, brighter, has an anti-reflective coating, and is less likely to overheat when using it in hot temperatures. If it's still within your budget, the improvements are worth the price difference.

I use a Ipad min2 Everything seems to be working good.The only problem I am
having right now is the follow me mode.It keeps saying weak sat. I am working on this.

Do you have a Wi-Fi only iPad Mini 2?

I use a Ipad min2 Everything seems to be working good.The only problem I am
having right now is the follow me mode.It keeps saying weak sat. I am working on this.

Follow me mode will not work unless you are on an iPad mini with Data or have it tethered to a data source.

Follow me mode will not work unless you are on an iPad mini with Data or have it tethered to a data source.
So you have to have a data plan for follow me. Does the 4 have gps, and is that of any benefit? Found the answer. Just have read.

Thanks to Msinger.
Note:
Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad Air/Mini/Pro models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

So you have to have a data plan for follow me.
No. You just need the cellular iPad model.

The only benefit is that you can use Follow Me and/or manually reset the home point to your location after taking off.

Reactions: chadrob30
I only use a wifi model iPad and have zero issues. Follow Me is not a deal breaker. If it becomes one, I will use my phone lol

msinger, thanks I can't do the follow me mode now I know why. Thanks I have been trying
for a wile now to figure out why it would not work .I use a old Ipad 2 I guess I need something
newer.

Have Ipad mini2, mini4, Air2 and Pro all celular versions but not activated, dedicated to my different multi rotors.

The mini2 works as long as it does not get too hot through direct sun exposure or high ambient temperature, I always use a shade as display is not too bright.
Since I got the Pro however I seldom use any of the other Ipads including when flying the Mavic as the display is bright and it can be used in sunlight without a shade

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan