iPad 2 air case

Reaction score
Hello I am running a iPad 2 air and I am wondering what's the best case for protection of the iPad that will fit in the holder for my phantom 3 pro?
I was thinking about the life proof but I think it will be too thick for the holder because the iPad is tight taken in and out.

Cases disrupt air flow to the back of the device, causing overheating which is a tablet's worst enemy. The GPU will throttle and the live stream from your bird will stutter and freeze until ultimately the device will reboot.

Reactions: Oso
The travel case I have fits the iPad nice and tight so I can't possibly put any protection on it. It doesn't bother me much since to get an iPad case that will truly protect against dropping from say 5 feet would add way to much weight when mounted to the controller. Just my opinion.

Hello I am running a iPad 2 air and I am wondering what's the best case for protection of the iPad that will fit in the holder for my phantom 3 pro?
I was thinking about the life proof but I think it will be too thick for the holder because the iPad is tight taken in and out.
Don't ever use a case. They are a heat trap and you want it to run as cool as possible as they can get to hot using the app

I don't use one when flying, but I do for everything else. I ordered 2 different ones to see which one Iiked best. This was the first one, and the one I liked a little better.................

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OKT377A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It's a good thing I had decided to order a second one for comparison, as I left the Khomo in the car trunk for a few days this summer, and it melted along the top!

Now I'm using the backup cover, it's pretty good.......................

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OFLMS5K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I don't like using one while flying either. When not flying, I have tried different cases, but always come back to the Apple case (leather). It isn't the least expensive but it is (IMO) the most elegant and least intrusive solution.

The heat issue is a consideration in hot weather but I'm in the north east and winter will be here soon. I have a smart cover for my air 2, where either the front or back can be used alone or both together for a full case. I'm considering using the back in the winter to add just a bit more insulation. Hopefully that, within the sunshade will give it enough protection to not freeze during a flight. Temperature extremes suck.

The heat issue is a consideration in hot weather but I'm in the north east and winter will be here soon. I have a smart cover for my air 2, where either the front or back can be used alone or both together for a full case. I'm considering using the back in the winter to add just a bit more insulation. Hopefully that, within the sunshade will give it enough protection to not freeze during a flight. Temperature extremes suck.
Not to hijack the thread, but where are you flying that you need to insulate your iPad?

What does it matter where? It's temperature. There can be awesome days to fly mid winter at 25°f. I'm sure concerned the cold can get the better of an iPad.

I've had situations where I have had to use an iPad in extreme cold for work (sub zero for short periods). I can tell you that the iPad wont shutdown, or malfunction. HOWEVER - the screen will begin to slow down and act goofy in the cold.

As to heat, iPads and iPhone have a built in failsafe for over heating. You will know the device is overheating before it needs to shut down as it will alert you. I've seen this work with my own two eyes. I left an iPad in a hot car once and it alerted me. I have also seen this happen with an iPhone that was left sitting in direct sunlight for too long.

Finally, even if you have device failure, the aircraft can still be controlled, and even RTH'd.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4