IOSD Mini

Reaction score
im thinking of adding the iosd mini to my setup but was just wondering if the height measurement is taken from the height of the homepoint or sea level? for example if i took off on a cliff and then flew down to the water would the numbers go into negative or not??
cheers

The altitude displayed via the iOSD on your monitor is AGL. It will go negative if you descend below your take off location.

Stuff good to know.
So if I'm on the edge of the grand canyon, and raise the bird to 30 feet, screen shows 30 feet.
Now I fly over the canyon river and it is a thousand feet below.
It still shows 30 feet?
I fly the bird to 500 feet below the rim, then shut the transmitter off.
Does the bird rise to 20 meters above its current location or the original altitude of the home point?

When you turn the Phantom on and it locks a new home position, it also establishes "ground level". The Phantom does not have any kind of active radar, so it doesn't know if you fly out over a hole or into a mountain. all it knows is exactly where ground level is at home point. if you fly over a ledge and descend... well, negative 20 meters is still below 20 meters I bet it would ascend until it were 20m above home point ground level and return home but that's one thing I haven't personally tried yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20