iOSD mini video or data through PC software

Reaction score
Is it possible to see iOSD mini video feed, or at least OSD data in the PC when connected with USB cable? What software do I need for this?

I have installed DJI Data Viewer and DJI iOSD Assistant 4.1, but neither app shows any data besides the serial of the iOSD unit. The PC is Windows 8.1.
iOSD flashes green LED when connected.

I am troubleshooting the issue of no video through the FPV transmitter and I want to see what iOSD mini sees.

Thanks all.

Is it possible to see iOSD mini video feed, or at least OSD data in the PC when connected with USB cable? What software do I need for this?

I have installed DJI Data Viewer and DJI iOSD Assistant 4.1, but neither app shows any data besides the serial of the iOSD unit. The PC is Windows 8.1.
iOSD flashes green LED when connected.

I am troubleshooting the issue of no video through the FPV transmitter and I want to see what iOSD mini sees.

Thanks all.

The iOSD doesn't see anything but it does transmite telemetry to you monitor. The GoPro transtmits a video signal through the iOSD to the TX.
Now if you're receiving the telemetry to monitor but not the video then the TX is working so trouble shoot the cameras output. More than likely if your using a H3-3D gimbal the ribbon cable attached to the camera is damaged.

In the future it would be wise to list the equipment you are using when asking for help.

I am using a Sony CCD Effio-e 700TVL camera. Tx: TS5828; Rx: FR632
I am getting the audio from the Rx, but not the video. The video is completely dead, not even static. I suspect either faulty Rx or Tx, but I still want to verify what iOSD mini sends to the Tx.
Can I see anything in the PC that is USB connected to the mini?
Thank you.

There are two DJI OSD devices. the iOSD Mini and and the OSD MarkII. The mini does not record data (though it was promised at one point). The OSD MarkII does record data which can be downloaded via the USB connection and viewed in the data viewer.

ymg200, Check your wiring. Maybe you have the video and audio crossed somewhere.

Lack of Video problem is solved:
Video cables that I have received with FR632 have incorrect wiring! Yes, it comes down to a shameful screw up. Yellow video plug and Red audio plug are reversed in my cables. The solution is as simple as swapping yellow and red plugs when connecting to a monitor.
I do have the video and both audios (L and R) now.
I am upset that it took so long to figure this out, but who knew ?

My video cable wiring looking at the 3.5mm plug from top to bottom is:
Yellow (Video), White (Audio), Red (Audio), Common (Ground)
The correct wiring is:
Red (Audio), White (Audio), Yellow (Video), Common (Ground)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.