iOSD Mini to my Phantom 1

Reaction score
The new Phantom Upgrade Kit for Zenmuse H3-2D board (board part #P330CB-H3-2D V3) has a 4-pin connector to connect to a iOSD Mini. Soldering is still required, but there is a weight saving a cleaner install.

If you had the Phantom positioned so you are looking at the backside the 4-pin male connector is just to right of the USB cord on the rear of the board. The pin order from left to right is: RV(regulated volt), CH(CAN High), CL(CAN Low, and GND(Ground). I used the 4-pin female that came with the iOSD Mini Kit which works perfect.

I then opened up the iOSD Mini case and removed CAN Bus wire from the bottom of the Mini. A word of warning there is some protective gum you have to chip away to get to where you can to the solder joints to desolder all 4 wires. That wiring order is from left to right: CL, CH, RV, and GND. Then I soldered the 4 wire ribbon with female connector to the Mini.

I did not discover this connector I found it on this thread. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21748

Thank you, nudeymagazineday

;

Attachments

• Two.jpg
    Two.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 1,762
  • Three.jpg
    Three.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 1,490
Hello! Where did you order the upgrade board V3? Did you bought the FPV Hub to get an extra iOSD mini cable?

Thanks!!

Hello,
Are you sure about the pinout of this connector on P330CB-H3-2D V3 board?
I desperately try to contact DJI for several weeks but without result.
I doubt a little because Nudeymagazineday shows another pinout in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21748#p228279.
His pin order is from left to right: CH, RV, CL and GND and yours RV, CH, CL, and GND.

Thank you for your help.
Regards.

We don't care about the upgrade board anymore anyway! The P2 board is better is cheaper is plug and play and has CAN port to be used with CAN bus leg module. This works 100% (iOSD mini, H3-3D)!

Check the P1.5 post page 116-117 :)
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7017&start=1150#p327201

Have a good day!

Tobrouk said:
We don't care about the upgrade board anymore anyway! The P2 board is better is cheaper is plug and play and has CAN port to be used with CAN bus leg module. This works 100% (iOSD mini, H3-3D)!

Have a good day!

Link please. :D

EDIT: Thanks for the link.

Holey Crapola, very impressive flight time. :shock:

IflyinWY said:
Tobrouk said:

Have a good day!

Link please. :D

Done! :?

Ok, I understand that P2 board is better but now I have the upgrade board with CAN Port also (V3 only). The only problem is to find the pinout of this port.

I am pretty sure that is the correct pinout for that board, but I highly recommend that you chase the pins yourself. The ground pin is easy to find. Then I used the Sarawuth method to find CH pin and CL pin's. Which just left the RV (regulated voltage) pin. The key is to find two tabs that Sarawuth used for CH and CL pins. I have been using this pinout since I made this post with know problems.

http://www.sarawuth.com/2014/01/dji-phantom-1-modify-to-have-can-bus-port/

I have been tried and I can confirm that your pinout is correct. Now DJI IOSD mini works well and I have all informations on the screen.
Thank you very much for your help.

Hey!
Amazing thread and thanks a lot for the pinouts!! :D

I was upgrading my Fc40 with v3 board and gimbal and also needed to add the iOSD.

I would really like to open up the iOSD and solder everything like you have done.
But, I may be upgrading to P2 and I want to keep iOSD intact for then!

Can you confirm that the Pinouts of the Canbus cable on iOSD match what is given here?
phantom1_hack61.jpg

I was thinking of interfacing it with the Canbus port on the v3 board with the cable provided with the iOSD as shown below -
IMG_20150705_150248.jpg

and using these connectors in between :
IMG_20150705_144000.jpg IMG_20150705_144027.jpg

Thanks! :)

Hey!
Amazing thread and thanks a lot for the pinouts!! :D

I was upgrading my Fc40 with v3 board and gimbal and also needed to add the iOSD.

I would really like to open up the iOSD and solder everything like you have done.
But, I may be upgrading to P2 and I want to keep iOSD intact for then!

Can you confirm that the Pinouts of the Canbus cable on iOSD match what is given here?
View attachment 23949
I was thinking of interfacing it with the Canbus port on the v3 board with the cable provided with the iOSD as shown below -
View attachment 23952

and using these connectors in between :
View attachment 23950 View attachment 23951

Thanks! :)

It has been awhile since I have played with that stuff. A good thread that that talks about that is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2135241

Look at page two, there is a picture.

I am not 100% sure but it looks like you are on the right track. Let us know.

Reactions: sohail99
It has been awhile since I have played with that stuff. A good thread that that talks about that is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2135241

Look at page two, there is a picture.

I am not 100% sure but it looks like you are on the right track. Let us know.

Hey! Thanks a lot for this!! That thread is great for pinouts!

And it confirms the Pinout on iOSD mini!
Thanks again! :D

Was able to make a canbus cable to interface the iOSD with the V3 upgrade board for the Phantom FC40.
Thanks a lot dcoski and users over at RCGroups!

Have received all the parts for my FPV setup, but still waiting on a new shell to transplant everything into! (the current shell had some very minor structural issues around one of the motors, causing a little extra vibrations throughout the shell. (Result of a previous crash! :p)

Will test it out, as soon as I have all the setup complete! :D

Attachments

• Can port1.png
    Can port1.png
    922.8 KB · Views: 575
  • Can port3 Wires.png
    Can port3 Wires.png
    984.5 KB · Views: 473
  • Can port4.png
    Can port4.png
    914 KB · Views: 656
  • Can port5.png
    Can port5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 764
I am glad I could help. It is to bad I didn't know about you shell replacement sooner you could of upgraded to 1.5 Phantom pretty ease. If you got time take a look at Dewey's fine thread on that upgrade. I am thinking this will be my next project.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/video-fitted-my-phantom-v1-into-a-phantom-2-shell-easy.7017/

Oh! Wow!! I just cant get my eyes off that thread now! lol

P2 Shell with P2 board sure sounds so much awesome, especially considering the flight time, and more space for iOSD and stuff. :D
Does the P2 oard have a similar canbus port like Phantom1 upgrade board?

I don't know much about the P2 board other than it is cheaper than the upgrade board. I am sure it is a cleaner package.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31