iosd mini not connecting

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum i do not know weather this as been discussed in the past but i have just up graded my phantom 2 with a fpv and i am using the iosd mini when i am trying to connect to the iosd to the assist software it does not recognise my iosd.
the phantom and the rc connect perfectly well.
The iosd is running fine as i have all the info on my fpv so i know i have assembled it correctly.
Any help appreciated Thankyou

Hi Chris, are you using "DJI iOSD Assistant Software 4.0"?

Hi new to the forum i do not know weather this as been discussed in the past but i have just up graded my phantom 2 with a fpv and i am using the iosd mini when i am trying to connect to the iosd to the assist software it does not recognise my iosd.
the phantom and the rc connect perfectly well.
The iosd is running fine as i have all the info on my fpv so i know i have assembled it correctly.
Any help appreciated Thankyou

If you're use a PC go into your startup programs files and find the DJI folder under programs then uninstall the iOSD file as it may be corrupt then download a new copy. There hasn't been any new updates since 2013 and not likely to be any in the future. There are two adjustment that can be made to the left/right screen positions if needed but that's all and no you cannot chance the settings from meters to feet.

If you're use a PC go into your startup programs files and find the DJI folder under programs then uninstall the iOSD file as it may be corrupt then download a new copy. There hasn't been any new updates since 2013 and not likely to be any in the future. There are two adjustment that can be made to the left/right screen positions if needed but that's all and no you cannot chance the settings from meters to feet.
Thanks Jason tried to delete file then reinstalled still no luck.
I think I might know the problem as when tried to download the Windows driver it comes up with an error. Saying no device found.

Thanks Jason tried to delete file then reinstalled still no luck.
I think I might know the problem as when tried to download the Windows driver it comes up with an error. Saying no device found.

But you to uninstall all three files then make sure all three deleted in the programs and features file then reload each one

For the iOSD mini I had to install the DJI win drivers before it would be seen. Even though I had dji assistant installed and dji software.

For the iOSD mini I had to install the DJI win drivers before it would be seen. Even though I had dji assistant installed and dji software
That is the problem i am facing the programs for the rc and phantom and iosd are working ok
its the windows driver i am having difficulty with and that is probably why the iosd will not be recognised when connecting to my pc.

The windows driver had to be loaded into the P2 before the P2 assistant software would be even recognized. There were three softwares programs you needed for the RC controller and P2 the P2 assistant v3.8, Rc assistant v1.2 and the windows drive. Now that you added the mini iOSD module you also needed iOSD assistant v4.0 as well. There have been no updates for the iOSD since it came out back on 12/31/13 but if you needed to adjust either the left or right sides of the screen you would have to have that software to make the adjustments.

Hi sorry for the slow response as I been a way for a few days.
Just an update I still can not connect my iOsd or the rc assist I can connect the phantom to the phantom assist program. That's working fine.
The Windows drivers seems to be the problem every time I try to download a pop up appears and says please power on mc and connect it to PC via usb.
So I click yes. At this point nothing is connected to the PC ie phantom or rc.
Program starts installing then I get this message.
The device driver installation wizard successfully scanned your machine but did not find any devices to be updated.
Underneath it's says
Dji innovations inc. (usbs..... Not needed ( no device for update present.
Any solutions thanks for your patience.

Hi sorry for the slow response as I been a way for a few days.
Just an update I still can not connect my iOsd or the rc assist I can connect the phantom to the phantom assist program. That's working fine.
The Windows drivers seems to be the problem every time I try to download a pop up appears and says please power on mc and connect it to PC via usb.
So I click yes. At this point nothing is connected to the PC ie phantom or rc.
Program starts installing then I get this message.
The device driver installation wizard successfully scanned your machine but did not find any devices to be updated.
Underneath it's says
Dji innovations inc. (usbs..... Not needed ( no device for update present.
Any solutions thanks for your patience.

Chris post some photos of how you installed the iOSD on or in the P2. Here's a photo of mine installed inside. .And I know it is hard to see but there is a 4 pin video cable plugged into the side of the iOSD module that comes from the CAM Socket. From the Iosd it goes down the transmitter under the body. You only mentioned that you were not getting the telemetry but I assume you do not have video as well. Would that be correct? Have you turned on the P2 without having the antenna attached to the TX?

Fact is you haven't listed any FPV equipment in your original post which be helpful. Please list the equipment you have by brand.
IMG_1551.jpg
IMG_9145.jpg

This is an older photo showing the video input/output of the video cable.
IMG_5551.jpg

ea782ff7b9d932f25422219372332319.jpg

Hi Jason thanks I have checked again today and I can still connect the p2 to the assist everything is ok.
I checked the p2 outside with everything connected and I pick up 7 satellite. Battery percentage of p2 on the monitor display so everything is ok to go.
I would just like to connect to the iosd assist to adjust the display settings.
The equipment I am using as follows
Fly sight Black pearl monitor
Immersion rc 5.8ghz transmitter
Iosd mini
Fat shark antennas.
H4 3D gimbal
Go pro hero 4.
Hope this was enough information.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

ea782ff7b9d932f25422219372332319.jpg

Hi Jason thanks I have checked again today and I can still connect the p2 to the assist everything is ok.
I checked the p2 outside with everything connected and I pick up 7 satellite. Battery percentage of p2 on the monitor display so everything is ok to go.
I would just like to connect to the iosd assist to adjust the display settings.
The equipment I am using as follows
Fly sight Black pearl monitor
Immersion rc 5.8ghz transmitter
Iosd mini
Fat shark antennas.
H4 3D gimbal
Go pro hero 4.
Hope this was enough information.

Chris where are you located?

Uk

So all you need to do is adjust the iOSD to fit your monitor screen is that correct??

Yes

Well you will need the software for mini iOSD v4.0 so download it. Phantom 2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI But you will have to open the shell to make the adjustment. In the software there are two adjustments check boxes for left and right screen. There are no updates for the unit and likely never will be so don't worry about that.

To be truthful about your placement of the unit it really isn't the best place for it with all that room on top of the main board. But that is up to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik