IOSD Mini not behaving

Reaction score
My IOSD Mini is not showing the correct voltage. It'll look correct for a few minutes but it quickly goes from 11.9 -11.1 V randomly even tho it's above 1.6 Volts.

My first warning goes off at 11.4 and second at 11.1, loss set at 0.50. It's confusing the heck out of me and I'v looked everywhere and haven't found a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: IOSD Mini not behaving

Assume you meant 11.6 volts and not 1.6. ;-}

Does it do it when the motors aren't running? It is not unusual to drop or rise several tenths depending on what you are doing (accelerating - in strong wind - coming down - etc). If it is doing it statically (motors not running) then it might help to eliminate one or two variables. If it doesn't do it with motors not running, then do a CSC but don't lift off. Let the motors idle and see if it does it.

Mine can vary up to a volt or so depending on what I am doing.

ladykate said:
Assume you meant 11.6 volts and not 1.6. ;-}

Does it do it when the motors aren't running? It is not unusual to drop or rise several tenths depending on what you are doing (accelerating - in strong wind - coming down - etc). If it is doing it statically (motors not running) then it might help to eliminate one or two variables. If it doesn't do it with motors not running, then do a CSC but don't lift off. Let the motors idle and see if it does it.

Mine can vary up to a volt or so depending on what I am doing.

Haha, wait doesn't everyone let there battery's rundown to 1.6V? ;)

It's like 1am here but ill test everything in the morning. From memory I do believe it was showing the correct voltage before startup and would change once I engaged my motors.

I didn't realise it would change depending on what variable were effecting it. I figured the iosd voltage would be the same as the battery's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SammyB said:
I didn't realise it would change depending on what variable were effecting it. I figured the iosd voltage would be the same as the battery's.

Nope - or... yep... the internal resistance on the battery will cause voltage to be dropped across it instead of the system when there is high current drain. Normal operation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20