Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iOSD Mini install - once again i am in trouble.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by holoboss, May 6, 2014.

1. holoboss

Hi guys,
    once again I am in big dodo. My only hope is one of you would answer. DJI web site does not help with anything.

I just installed iOSD mini and transmitter on my phantom 2 - as instructed by That HPIGuy video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtEDuos

it works, green light on iosd blinks (data transmission), I can see signal on my monitor.
    But it says clearly I should update firmware using iosd mini software assistant.

I have newest firmware for all stuff, to be clear - except for iosd. I installed iosd software assistant, but it does not see my iosd unit at all. and I see on dji wiki I should install driver and assistant for iosd mini. but there is no driver visible for download anywhere! they have such a mess on their site, so maybe I am missing something.

if you know something about it, please help. a bit upsetting to invest $250 in upgrade, and not being able to run a basic firmware update which is stated as necessary.

Thanks a lot!

2. OI Photography

3. holoboss

Yes, I did. I did calibration, all firmware upgrades it asked, all seems ok. but when I open iiosd assistant, it does not see it.
    And when I start phantom assistant, it shows me message I should update iosd using iosd assistant. but I can't.

4. holoboss

I downloaded it, unfortunately nothing changed. iOSD mini is not seen by assistant software :-(
    never-the-less thank you for your time and attempt of help. if anyone had a similar problem please let me know what to do.
    Thanks
    Derek

5. Cr8tive_leo

Did you plug in your iosd mini into your computer? it has its own usb port, that is the only way to update it.

6. holoboss

oh man, that was the problem! I weas trying to do it through main usb of phantom, like other updates.
    BIG THANKS!!!! either I am an idiot, or it was not well explained on dji iosd page.
    thanks again, now it worked right away!
    you saved my day. thanks again. (well, I may be an idiot, why not :)

7. Cr8tive_leo

No problem... I mean, the video at 5:03 ish shows him plugging something in... Can't make it out , looks kinda like... :twisted: :mrgreen:

8. Peter Evans

You're not an idiot. I had the same problem for a minute or so. I sat here thinking, WTF? Then I suddenly noticed the USB port on the iOSD-mini and thought, "I wonder!" ... :idea:... et voila!

9. jodaddy23

you guys crack me up , lol