iOSD Mini install - once again i am in trouble.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
once again I am in big dodo. My only hope is one of you would answer. DJI web site does not help with anything.

I just installed iOSD mini and transmitter on my phantom 2 - as instructed by That HPIGuy video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtEDuos

it works, green light on iosd blinks (data transmission), I can see signal on my monitor.
But it says clearly I should update firmware using iosd mini software assistant.

I have newest firmware for all stuff, to be clear - except for iosd. I installed iosd software assistant, but it does not see my iosd unit at all. and I see on dji wiki I should install driver and assistant for iosd mini. but there is no driver visible for download anywhere! they have such a mess on their site, so maybe I am missing something.

if you know something about it, please help. a bit upsetting to invest $250 in upgrade, and not being able to run a basic firmware update which is stated as necessary.

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I did. I did calibration, all firmware upgrades it asked, all seems ok. but when I open iiosd assistant, it does not see it.
And when I start phantom assistant, it shows me message I should update iosd using iosd assistant. but I can't.

OI Photography said:
This should be the one you need: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... taller.zip

Have you every connected the Phantom to its Assistant Software?

I downloaded it, unfortunately nothing changed. iOSD mini is not seen by assistant software :-(
never-the-less thank you for your time and attempt of help. if anyone had a similar problem please let me know what to do.
Thanks
Derek

Cr8tive_leo said:
Did you plug in your iosd mini into your computer? it has its own usb port, that is the only way to update it.
oh man, that was the problem! I weas trying to do it through main usb of phantom, like other updates.
BIG THANKS!!!! either I am an idiot, or it was not well explained on dji iosd page.
thanks again, now it worked right away!
you saved my day. thanks again. (well, I may be an idiot, why not :)

No problem... I mean, the video at 5:03 ish shows him plugging something in... Can't make it out , looks kinda like... :twisted: :mrgreen:

holoboss said:
oh man, that was the problem! I weas trying to do it through main usb of phantom, like other updates.
BIG THANKS!!!! either I am an idiot, or it was not well explained on dji iosd page.

You're not an idiot. I had the same problem for a minute or so. I sat here thinking, WTF? Then I suddenly noticed the USB port on the iOSD-mini and thought, "I wonder!" ... :idea:... et voila!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj