iOSD mini: Inside or outside Phantom 2 v2?

Reaction score
I installed the iOSD mini inside the Phantom 2, but I have not taken it out for a flight yet. I've been reading and some people recommend to have it outside the airframe because it needs air circulation? Thoughts? Inside or outside?

I've had mine inside the shell and have had zero issues. Not sure why it would need air circulation. A Transmitter I could understand since it tends to heat up quite a bit more, but not the iOSD mini. I may be totally wrong though.

I've had mine inside the shell and have had zero issues. Not sure why it would need air circulation. A Transmitter I could understand since it tends to heat up quite a bit more, but not the iOSD mini. I may be totally wrong though.
Do you have any photos of where you placed it inside the Phantom 2? I'll post some photos tonight.

IMG_5551.jpg

Mine is inside. Used the same 3M tape to stick it to the wall. Don't have a pic of it installed.
ESC Loc.jpg

Reactions: thedronedude
I actually placed it exactly in the same place as this video. Including the Can Bus. Cool! My only worry and concern is heating issues. I made sure it's away from all cables. I will post some images later on tonight after work.

I actually placed it exactly in the same place as this video. Including the Can Bus. Cool! My only worry and concern is heating issues. I made sure it's away from all cables. I will post some images later on tonight after work.

There is no heating problem whatsoever. The photo i supplied has been changed since it was taken I changed TX and how wiring was tried down but the placement of the iOSD/can-bus is still the same . As you can see there's plenty of room to mount it right on the main board. Not even a hard jar will make it come loose.

Inside. No issues.

Didn't notice any heat issue at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1