iOSD Mini firmware updates

Reaction score
Am I right that there is no way to update the firmware in the iosd mini without a PC? If so that's just crazy. Someone needs to tell DJI that it's not 1989 anymore.

Anyway, I don't have a PC. I am not getting a PC. And I am not installing Windows on my Mac.

So if I get an iosd mini, and if there is no way for me to update the firmware, what will be the downsides to running it straight out of the box, forever? What problems have the firmware updates fixed?

Is the iOSD mini even updated that often? What are the odds what I'll get already has the latest firmware?

Yup iosd mini assistant is only available on PC. I found that kinda weird too! When I bought mine, it already came with the latest firmware.

i'm not opening my Phantom up to do an update anyway, inless they do a osd redesign or add more telemetry etc

Mine was up to date out of the box also. Not seen any updates for it since.

What's a Mac? It's nothing more than an over glorified and over priced PC. :eek: :lol:

jason said:
What's a Mac? It's nothing more than an over glorified and over priced PC. :eek: :lol:
Lets keep this on topic please. ;)

If you would like to discuss why Macs are better than Windows based PC's
feel free to do so in the off topic section. :cool:

The latest iosd mini firmware only added a airport zone/no fly zone indicator. If you buy now it should come with latest anyway, mine did a month ago. Before that in dec 2013 they upgraded to include azimuth and battery percentage.
So you should be good to go. If you find you have no battery percentage (only battery voltage) then you have 2013 firmware and should think about upgrading.

captain said:
jason said:

I second that
Off topic or can't you read on your PC ?

Reactions: dirkclod
I wish there were more updates for it. I'd love to be able to position the elements manually, so I could have the GoPro OSD on the screen without being overlapped in places etc.
That and some more stuff added as options, lat, lng for example.

Must be some more they can add into it when you think about everything that something like the Flytrex can collect, right?

simonwicks said:
I wish there were more updates for it. I'd love to be able to position the elements manually, so I could have the GoPro OSD on the screen without being overlapped in places etc.
That and some more stuff added as options, lat, lng for example.

Must be some more they can add into it when you think about everything that something like the Flytrex can collect, right?

I agree. I ended up turning off the go pro icons due to the overlap.

I agree. I ended up turning off the go pro icons due to the overlap.

Just installed my FPV stuff yesterday, so sorry for not knowing this: How did you turn off the GoPro icons? I was only in the software to see about firmware updates, I guess I should have been in the software longer... sorry ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik