iOS9 update problems?

D

DrewFlies

I havent turned on my iPad in a few weeks and now its automatically downloading the iOS9 update. I have seen threads where there has been complaints about iOS9. Is there still problems? If so, how do I stop my ipad from automatically updating.

Im using iPad mini 3 non cellular and Phantom 3 Pro. Also using thr latest version of DJI Go app and have latest firmware on Phantom 3.

I havent turned on my iPad in a few weeks and now its automatically downloading the iOS9 update. I have seen threads where there has been complaints about iOS9. Is there still problems? If so, how do I stop my ipad from automatically updating.

Im using iPad mini 3 non cellular and Phantom 3 Pro. Also using thr latest version of DJI Go app and have latest firmware on Phantom 3.
Is your iPad just downloading the iOS or is it actually installing it? If it's just downloading and you didn't initiate the install, you should be fine. Mine also does that, and I just delete the download if I need the space. Otherwise I just leave it there so it won't start to download again and use data bandwidth. Mine never just starts to install on its own however.

Also, I do read about many people who are still having significant issues (lagging, signal loss, gray screens) with iOS 9.x.

There are also people who are having minor issues (Flight Logs replaced by Map Loading, red aircraft icon doesn't move during flight playback, etc).

Some have also reported no issues that they have yet noticed.

Last edited:
I just downloaded 9.0.2 and took my 3S out and had no issue's at all . Didn't try waypoints but never use them anyway so don't know about those.
Did do POI and was fine . Wasn't having any issue's with the others and just thought I would add .
Mini 2 Retina with cell and wifi .

I use external gps the dual xgps-150a on my iPad mini 3 via Bluetooth and worked fine until this update. Now Djibouti go app cannot read gps data for its map. No poi...no waypoints...sad...just sad.

Reactions: DrewFlies
@Oso,
Yes, thankfully I'm another of the fortunate individuals with an almost ultra clean flight record. And Yes, we, are still the majority, of us all here. I'm an Irish Leprechaun Lucky, Phantom (3 Pro') Pilot, glad to be flying without the turmoil of this most current rash, of various update woes. My bird flys solid without interruption.
I am eagerly and patiently, looking forward to the day, wher we all have a positive, memorable, and great time, flying our seriously awesome @dji Phantom drone.

Those with ongoing Phantom 3 concerns are definitely a minority in this large extended family of Pilots, spotters, and those friendly fans of our hobby, sport, lifestyle, the mission. We all need to prepare a well written document with our mission statement.

I do solemnly swear, to follow the rules of the air . . .

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers

I have iOS 9.0.2 on my iPad Air 2 and the latest DJI Go App and the 32 channel mod flying my Phantom 3 pro with the 1.4 firmware. It flew through two batteries without a hitch and no lag or any problems at all.

@Oso,
Yes, thankfully I'm another of the fortunate individuals with an almost ultra clean flight record. And Yes, we, are still the majority, of us all here. I'm an Irish Leprechaun Lucky, Phantom (3 Pro') Pilot, glad to be flying without the turmoil of this most current rash, of various update woes. My bird flys solid without interruption.
I am eagerly and patiently, looking forward to the day, wher we all have a positive, memorable, and great time, flying our seriously awesome @dji Phantom drone.

Those with ongoing Phantom 3 concerns are definitely a minority in this large extended family of Pilots, spotters, and those friendly fans of our hobby, sport, lifestyle, the mission. We all need to prepare a well written document with our mission statement.

I do solemnly swear, to follow the rules of the air . . .

RedHotPoker
Have you also noticed that Air 2 users seem to have fewer of the reported iOS 9.x issues?

I can fly with the new iOS, but the Flight Log playback is messed up on both my iPhone and iPad Mini 3. Red Icon is hosed.

OK... so what is going on here how can REDHOTPOKER keeps blabbing all over the form that he has no problems how great everything is... the majority do not have problems, how do you know this? IT IS A PROBLEM!!!! DJI knows it, Apple knows it, I KNOW IT!!! So what is your point??? Are you trying to tell DJI that there is no problem here, don't worry about it, are you telling me and others that we do not have a problem? It is a problem and us that have it want it fixed NOW!!! We don't need you telling us and DJI and other it is not serious.

redhotpoker... I am going to update to a Mini 4. Best Buy says they all come pre-loaded with IOS 9x. Are you telling me that you are sure that after spending another $400 that it will work?

OK... so what is going on here how can REDHOTPOKER keeps blabbing all over the form that he has no problems how great everything is... the majority do not have problems, how do you know this? IT IS A PROBLEM!!!! DJI knows it, Apple knows it, I KNOW IT!!! So what is your point??? Are you trying to tell DJI that there is no problem here, don't worry about it, are you telling me and others that we do not have a problem? It is a problem and us that have it want it fixed NOW!!! We don't need you telling us and DJI and other it is not serious.

redhotpoker... I am going to update to a Mini 4. Best Buy says they all come pre-loaded with IOS 9x. Are you telling me that you are sure that after spending another $400 that it will work?
Where did that rant come from? After insulting Red you ask him another question. o_O

Reactions: brianb87

Each phantom and situation is different. Test the products and find out what is best for YOUR situation.

Where did that rant come from? After insulting Red you ask him another question. o_O

It is true though Bob. Anyone with the issues that both DJI and Apple have admitted the iOS9 updates have caused, people are essentially being trolled by RedHotPoker about there being no issues. Personally, I've had the issues that are being reported with iOS9 and went back to 8.4.1 and lost them. They DO exist, whether in the minority or majority, so whatever.

It is true though Bob. Anyone with the issues that both DJI and Apple have admitted the iOS9 updates have caused, people are essentially being trolled by RedHotPoker about there being no issues. Personally, I've had the issues that are being reported with iOS9 and went back to 8.4.1 and lost them. They DO exist, whether in the minority or majority, so whatever.

I have no issues with iOS 9.0.2 on my iPad Air 2 with 1.4, and a DBS Mod. As I have said everyone's situation is different. I went through 5 tablets before I settling on the IPad Air 2.

Thanks for the help guys. Is there a way to stop downloading the new update. I dont want it to automaticaly install one day.

Each phantom and situation is different. Test the products and find out what is best for YOUR situation.

That is a risky piece of advice. I nearly lost my drone with iOS9 because the screen went totally gray and I lost my line of site. What if RTH failed or I couldn't have gotten my maps pulled up ? Yeah, unless you are going to offer additional advice about keeping it close to you, or maybe even suggesting you play it safe until this prob is sorted, I wouldn't personally offer that.
---
And as far as you having no problems, I AM really glad for you. But it is not YOUR drone you are telling someone else to put in the air without this problem being resolved. I, for one would NOT tell someone to upgrade until it has been VERIFIED that this problem no longer exists.

Thanks for the help guys. Is there a way to stop downloading the new update. I dont want it to automaticaly install one day.

I don't think it will install unless you do it. On my iPhone and air I have to go to the setting and choose install then type my password in. Not sure if you can uninstall it or not.

They may exist for some and not others--there are 700,000 plus people flying the Phantom and about 25000 of them belong to this forum. I think you will agree that of those complaining on the forum about IOS 9 are no where near the majority of Phantom Pilots on IOS 9. Yes there are some and that is why they are asking questions. That is no reason to rant and rave at a fellow forum brother and insult him. I can assure you that Red is not trolling anyone-- he is a peace keeper-- we need more of them.:)

Reactions: brianb87

Unless you choose install now... you should be ok. In the event that you do accidentally install it, the best you can hope for is to roll back to 8.4.1. You might try making a backup of what you have NOW - and make no more backups until you are sure you want to upgrade the device. That way, if it gets installed you can restore to 8.4.1 from your backup.

That is a risky piece of advice. I nearly lost my drone with iOS9 because the screen went totally gray and I lost my line of site. What if RTH failed or I couldn't have gotten my maps pulled up ? Yeah, unless you are going to offer additional advice about keeping it close to you, or maybe even suggesting you play it safe until this prob is sorted, I wouldn't personally offer that.
---
And as far as you having no problems, I AM really glad for you. But it is not YOUR drone you are telling someone else to put in the air without this problem being resolved. I, for one would NOT tell someone to upgrade until it has been VERIFIED that this problem no longer exists.

I tested and worked all the bugs out of my phantom 3 on my own (which was my first RC of any kind). It can be done.

I can assure you that Red is not trolling anyone-- he is a peace keeper-- we need more of them.:)
Thanks Bob. I was just about to post something similar.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4