iOS Wifi issues

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, I need some help here. Im powering on the controller and the bird and going into my iPhone 6 to connect to the phantom wifi network, thing is - it looks connected but shows no "Wifi Bars" as it would my at home network. I fire up the app (Not in airplane mode) and I have good camera feed and its safe to fly in GPS like normal but it won't let me update the homepoint and it drops off here and there. Any ideas why I cant see the wifi bars showing that it is fully connected? Currently on my only day off and really want to get out and fly with no issues! You guys are the best!

I have noticed the same thing. No wifi icon showing even when connected to the TX. As I recall the LTE icon is shown. It seems the newer iOS handles wifi differently than in the past (network vs. device wifi request).

You should be able to update the home point. Be sure the only app running is the Go app. If you double push the home button you can see what is running and swiping up closes them. You could try reinstalling the app (sync your flight logs first).

My iPad 2 mini has the wifi icon on the top right of my screen, between battery power and r/c signal. If I tap the wifi icon, it will show the Phantoms connection to wifi. Have you tried tapping that icon and see if it is connected......or did I misunderstand that it is not there on an iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My iPad 2 mini has the wifi icon on the top right of my screen, between battery power and r/c signal. If I tap the wifi icon, it will show the Phantoms connection to wifi. Have you tried tapping that icon and see if it is connected......or did I misunderstand that it is not there on an iPhone 6.

I believe my iPad works that way too but my phone does not.

Ok, thanks. Chris Hunt's post got me wondering, so I had to look. Tried my phone once, but prefer the bigger screen. Seems like old eyes make small things smaller. [emoji851]

My iPad was actually doing the same thing. No wifi bars. Android tablet picked it up but no video (I think that's a tablet issue more than anything)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If I don't select the P3S's wifi on my iPad it won't link up by itself. I start the R/C, then the iPad, select settings, wifi, and the Phantom's wifi link, then start DJI Go and last turn on the quad. Not sure this will help, but if I forget to enable the P3S wifi on the iPad I have no connection. As for the video, I enable that on the Go app too. So far no issues. Hope some of this rambling helps.

Hey guys,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, I need some help here. Im powering on the controller and the bird and going into my iPhone 6 to connect to the phantom wifi network, thing is - it looks connected but shows no "Wifi Bars" as it would my at home network. I fire up the app (Not in airplane mode) and I have good camera feed and its safe to fly in GPS like normal but it won't let me update the homepoint and it drops off here and there. Any ideas why I cant see the wifi bars showing that it is fully connected? Currently on my only day off and really want to get out and fly with no issues! You guys are the best!
Mate I have a P3 Adv and all was good until I updated my iPnoe 5 to iOS 9.3.1 I can no longer connect to the controller with any aqpple product running 9.3.1
I got onto DJI in a not so great online chat but what I did get from the tech was thast there was indeed a problem with iOS 9.3.1 they were working on. My Samsung Galaxy S3 works just fine. so it is the IOS. BUT no solution that I can find

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.