iOS or not?

Reaction score
All the sales pitch on the DJI website shows there should be an iOS app even has a mockup of lightbridge on an iPad but if you look at any of the support stuff it only lists certain android devices.

Is there supposed to be an iOS app, not so sure if iOS supports the same video over usb that is being used with android!

iOS doesnt support video in unless its streamed in. this is going to cause a delay. unless Apple makes it possible (highly unlikely) I don't see this ever working with iOS. Sort of like I don't see the Ground Station working with Android. You can buy a $100 Android tablet that is just barely powerful enough to do a search on Google and people will try to use it with the ground station. Wont work. One thing that Apple controls is that every iPad has the same specs in hardware.

Please does anybody have any official DJI statement if the Lightbridge is going to support iOS or not?
The iOS devices still appear on their marketing materials but I have no official word from them if we can expect it in the future.

Since I am not an Android user and I assume that the iOS will be not supported after all, let me ask second question.
Is there any reason why the Lightbridge would not support the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2?
Am asking this because only very few Android devices are listed as "recommended".

Thank you for replies

I think what is going on is that the Marketing department and the R&D department are located in two different areas and they are not very good at talking to each other. The "features" section of the LB says iOS and Android device but the "specs" section only lists a very small select number of Android devices. Not only that but they have the Galaxy S4 which is currently the "old" model. If the S4 can handle the LB, one would have to think that the S5 which has far better specs could also handle the LB. I think it is going to be another situation where the end user figures out what does and does not work and DJI will update their info later. I think that by July the info will be accurate and we will know for sure.

SkyWorx said:
Please does anybody have any official DJI statement if the Lightbridge is going to support iOS or not?
The iOS devices still appear on their marketing materials but I have no official word from them if we can expect it in the future.

Since I am not an Android user and I assume that the iOS will be not supported after all, let me ask second question.
Is there any reason why the Lightbridge would not support the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2?
Am asking this because only very few Android devices are listed as "recommended".

Thank you for replies

I'm not sure how they came up with the list of approved devices. I'm using it with a Nexus 7, and it seems to work fine. One suggestion might just be to stick with a relatively pure Android device rather than something loaded with extra GUI stuff.
Samsung tablets have been reported to have problems, although their phones are recommended.

markab said:
All the sales pitch on the DJI website shows there should be an iOS app even has a mockup of lightbridge on an iPad but if you look at any of the support stuff it only lists certain android devices.

Is there supposed to be an iOS app, not so sure if iOS supports the same video over usb that is being used with android!

iOS is supported. The app works well on an iPhone 5s / iPad Air with minimal latency.
http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/download
This has been supported since August 19th 2014
Read the manuals. It helps.

MenaceCat said:
markab said:

iOS is supported. The app works well on an iPhone 5s / iPad Air with minimal latency.
http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/download
This has been supported since August 19th 2014
Read the manuals. It helps.

The App is not official nor is it officially supported, but it works, its a side load of an App not approved by apple, and will never be approved by apple. Because it brakes API rules no matter what someone says its braking API rules but it works and i use it on my iphone. and i find it works better then Android.

It works excellent for me even better than an hdmi monitor.

gppms said:

it lags more then a HDMI Monitor.... Its a proven stat...
but its better then android.

Haze said:
gppms said:

From some of the reports I've seen that depends on the specific monitor - they vary considerably in lag.

sar104 said:
Haze said:
gppms said:

From some of the reports I've seen that depends on the specific monitor - they vary considerably in lag.

i have tried 6 or 7 monitors and they are all less lag then iOS or Android, dont know what monitors you are using, they should be faster then the phones...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers