IOS iPhone App and Video Feed

Reaction score
Anybody have any sense of when the iPhone App 1.40 is out? I am still without video feed from my Plus and it's flying time!!

Don't expect a software upgrade to solve this problem. I have the same problem and I have tried two iOS mobile devices and a Samsung Galaxy S3. None of them solved the video display problem. Both Apply and Android products showed the same defect. I'm convinced it is a hardware problem only solved by returning the quad for a replacement.

Have you tried removing the Phantom 2 app from running in the background? Click the Home button twice. Swipe through the apps running in the background until you see the Phantom 2 app. Swipe upwards to remove the app from running in the background. Click the Home button to return to the app page and reselect the Phantom 2. app. It works for me. Details can be found on page 43-44 of the iPhone Users Guide.

Birdman said:
Have you tried removing the Phantom 2 app from running in the background? Click the Home button twice. Swipe through the apps running in the background until you see the Phantom 2 app. Swipe upwards to remove the app from running in the background. Click the Home button to return to the app page and reselect the Phantom 2. app. It works for me. Details can be found on page 43-44 of the iPhone Users Guide.

It sounds like you're closing the app, then reopening it. I have not done that, but I have tried adding the app to a new device twice. I will try your suggestion, that would be an easy workaround. Thanks

Yeah, the camera connects just fine...just no video. Was working just fine with my Vision. Got the Plus..worked for a while...and, then quit. ???

The bad news is, from everything I read (there is a sticky about this on the P2Vision forum), you got a lemon. Send it back.

Can you please give us a link to this issue?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Somewhere I saw DJI put out V 1.40 for Andriod that fixed this issue and we are just waiting for the IOS version to get through the Apple app process. ???

I can totally manipulate the camera..up and down, take pictures and video that I find are, in fact, recorded to the SD card...just no video on the iPhone. ??

RedRyderMedia said:
Birdman said:

It sounds like you're closing the app, then reopening it. I have not done that, but I have tried adding the app to a new device twice. I will try your suggestion, that would be an easy workaround. Thanks

I just tried this approach but it didn't work for me. I closed the app, then powered on the Phantom, established the wifi network, opened the app, but no video feed. I closed the app and reopened it, still no video feed.

I spent time reading a thread on the Vision forum concerning lack of video feed. Their thread is now 10 pages long. They're having mixed success going back to version 37 or 38 of the Android app, but I didn't find anyone having success with downgrading the iOS app.

I'm becoming more convinced there is a hardware issue in addition to a variety of software issues.

Bottom line, I'm still left with 100% failure on my P2V+ video feed. I had basically 100% success for 9 days, and now 100% failure for the last 7 days. Something changed and I hadn't made any software changes after the initial 9 days.

reynoldsyoung said:
Sounds like we are in the same place, Red! Wait out the 1.40?

You're correct. For some reason, the Apple version of the new app is taking even longer than usual... I'm a very big Apple IOS fan, but purchased a 2012 Google Nexus 7 for the larger screen size (over my iPhone 4S) as well as OS flexibility. 1.0.40 appears to fix the Android issue, though we've had so much wind here lately that I haven't been able to thoroughly test...

-slinger

Guns...so, you were having the same blank screen issue I am having and 1.0.40 did give you video feed?

Guns...great thought! Is the Nexus 7 2012 the 1st Generation? How many Gigs? Does it fit in the Phantom iPhone holder? Thanks for all of this!

I have 1.0.40 android app on my nexus 2013 and I get video freeze at 640x480 all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Before doing anything, I would find a buddy with an android device and try it. If the android doesn't work either it's probably a hardware issue and now iOS version is going to save you.

reynoldsyoung said:
Guns...so, you were having the same blank screen issue I am having and 1.0.40 did give you video feed?

I was having frozen and pixelated video with 1.0.39. I've had two flights with 1.0.40 and I haven't had any problems yet. I'm previewing at 640 x 480 @30fps... It's very windy again today, so I doubt I'll be doing any flying or further testing... :(

-slinger

reynoldsyoung said:
Guns...great thought! Is the Nexus 7 2012 the 1st Generation? How many Gigs? Does it fit in the Phantom iPhone holder? Thanks for all of this!

Yeah, it's the first gen and I believe it's only 16GB, and it's WIFI only. Doesn't fit the phone holder, so I've done this...

http://www.droneslinger.com/nexus7.html

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic