Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iOS go app update?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by sandman259, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman259

Anybody update there's today on iOS? I haven't yet and still one behind on firmware too...Everything works great now with awesome range so I'm scared to update either one anymore. I figure at some point they will sneak in a firmware update to limited our range once restrictions get worse and worse with drones. I think it's just a matter of time with all the bad press that the manufactures will have to put in range restrictions in the firmware. It wouldn't be hard for them to do either, they already have a limit in height they could do the same thing for going straight out as well. I figure it works great now so at this point I'm done updating either one....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. DroneTone

I've been using Firmware 1.9.60 on two P3 Pros, with both RCs on 1.6.0 and iOS GO App 2.8.1 on an iPad.
    Seems to work okay with no unusual decreased range, so far. A few autonomous Litchi flights went fine.
    In the best locations I can usually get about 1.5 miles reception using a windsurfer, otherwise without them it's around a mile.
    Of course in congested areas with poor LOS it can easily range from only 1500 to 3000 ft.

What I'd really like to know more about how well GO app 2.8.4 (or 2.8.3) is working for operators.
    I'd like to use it if only for changing the name of one Phantom and see if I can merge some old and new flight records together in the GO app.
    (One Phantom had a new motherboard installed after a non-flight mishap, and the repair shop gave it a new generic name I'd like to change.
    Currently, I've got many flight records in the GO app of the same drone but under two different names).

3. sandman259

I'm on 2.8.3 on my go app and one behind on my bird and controller. I used to be a avid updater but not anymore with decrease in range a possibility. I can get a mile in my neighborhood which is pretty congested and so far my best is 2 miles in the country, and I could have went further but I was worried about battery life. That's without a windsurfer as well. Completely stock.

4. Javiejav

I'm all up to date on updates and firmware. Just had a 2 mile flight last night. I was concerned with everyone complaining and fearing the updates but I had no issues. Good luck to you guys!

GKPK likes this.
  5. sandman259

Good to know

Javiejav likes this.
  6. robinb

7. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.