iOS Go App 2.7.2 is out!

Excellent! I'm going to go out tomorrow but excited to hear about any improvements to have more to look forward to for tomorrow.
I flew two full flight batteries tonight without a hitch, or Hitchcock ending with either. So I'd have to say, everything works perfectly. Well for me, anyways. Ah, as it always has. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Has anyone figured out where the new home point option is located?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, if you click Main Controller Settings, you'll see the new place of Home Point Settings, it's right at the top.

RedHotPoker

Noticed today that I have to select my Phantom 4 from the list every time I leave the screen. It defaults to the P3 Standard now. And my max altitude shows a whopping 14,000 plus. I assure everyone I did not reach that altitude. Not even above sea level.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Could clarify the 14,000' altitude statement you made? Are you talking about flight settings, or your flight history?

Could clarify the 14,000' altitude statement you made? Are you talking about flight settings, or your flight history?
My history shows highest altitude as 14,000 and some change.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, if you click Main Controller Settings, you'll see the new place of Home Point Settings, it's right at the top.

RedHotPoker
I saw that there--Just shows the same options as was available in the last update; which I thought before was a step in the wrong direction. Miss having the home point update icons on the main screen. The way the update description was written I thought they added a new feature to home point but I guess they're just repeating the description from previous update?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll be checking it out tonight. Did they put the map draw back on the map display? that was a good feature.

Yeah, some guys have purposely turned Auto Update off, in fear of getting a rogue app. Haha

RedHotPoker
That isn't just a concern about DJI GO, but any iOS app. Best to have manual control over the update process, as lots of apps have buggy initial updates that brick them!:eek:

Yeah, the App should load quite rapidly. It's usually the Apple iOS updates that seem to lag for me. Atleast on the Air 2 all of my updates are pretty quick to finish.
If your flights are already sent to the cloud, you can also simply delete and reinstall the Go app.

RedHotPoker
Will need to reinstall the channel hack, too!

Do you Use the onboard SIM much?
It's a nice way to relax, and enjoy these toys while indoors...
& more Practice using the various controls. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Great way to break in new batteries, too, if you are into that (I'm not) as it requires a battery be used to connect with the aircraft! Have a spare battery for this stuff!

That isn't just a concern about DJI GO, but any iOS app. Best to have manual control over the update process, as lots of apps have buggy initial updates that brick them!:eek:

Apple tests all of the apps and its updates before they're released to the AppStore for public. Have never had an issue and I've been an iPhone owner since 2007 (even back before 3rd party apps existed). Sorry to hear at some point you had a bad experience.

Will need to reinstall the channel hack, too!
Didn't have to do on mine, carried over.

Apple tests all of the apps and its updates before they're released to the AppStore for public. Have never had an issue and I've been an iPhone owner since 2007 (even back before 3rd party apps existed). Sorry to hear at some point you had a bad experience.

Didn't have to do on mine, carried over.
Either you don't use many iOS apps, or you have been very lucky. More often than not, it is Apple's own iOS updates that break the apps, and then there are a slew of updates to fix what Apple broke, which introduces new bugs to what worked perfectly before. I have over 200 apps and and have learned not to install any update to either iOS or any app until it has been properly vetted. Same is true of DJI GO.

If you ever properly uninstall DJI GO, you will need to reinstall the channel hack. If you are just updating it, it will survive, but DJI can remove its functionality at any time at their whim with any update, which is why everyone who uses it and depends upon it will not allow auto updating, and always asks if any new update breaks the hack.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub