iOS Apps Pre-Flight Must Haves

Reaction score
I live in Miami where weather is as fickle as the cool weather. These are the apps I open before I even take flight. I'm sure they'd be handy to many here.

MyRadar(Pro/Lite)- make sure you have wind direction clicked on. Not only do you have a better idea of which direction you should be sending your bird before you fly, but it looks really cool. No need for Pro unless you don't like ads.

WindCompass- Great app for basic wind speeds anywhere you go and future wind estimates. My only complaint, does not have gust speeds which is always iffy here on the coast.

Measures 2- I basically only use this for the teslameter when launching near or from structures with steel reinforcement. I know P3 has its own compass readings you can read but this will save you the trouble of powering on in a useless launch spot. Please make sure your phone is out of its case as this can throw off readings.

Aloft- my least used app but always great if flying in higher altitudes (mountain launches, not here in Miami obviously) and to gauge wind speeds around 3000-6000 feet as the rest are almost useless to our drones capabilities. It's used by pilots and shows wind direction at those different altitudes. Really neat to see the characteristics of wind at those different altitudes.

There's a ton of other apps available to see flight restrictions but I wanted to show apps with the assumption that you're in a safe to fly zone. As always use proper judgment and don't ever base flying conditions by apps reports. Feel free to chime in and throw some other apps in here you use or are better replacements for the ones I noted. Trying to keep this to iOS apps but droids feel free to chime in. Thanks y'all and safe flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj