Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iOS app

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Jonesy22, May 5, 2015.

1. Jonesy22

My P3 arrives today and I use an iPad. DJI just told me it would be a week....This sucks..Its always a week with them.

2. bartold

Did they actually say a week, or did you read that? You should be glad you are just getting it today. This is the 7th day I have had mine and it is still in the box on my table. I wonder why I even preordered.

3. Jonesy22

Yes they said a week. My reply was so I can't fly this for at least a week and they replied..Yes, Sorry

4. VoicOfReason

If you're desperate, buy an Nvidia Shield tablet from Amazon and just use it for a few weeks and return it. Amazon's return policy is superb. No restocking fee, small return shipping charge unless defective.

5. VoicOfReason

If you're desperate, buy an Nvidia Shield tablet from Amazon and just use it for a few weeks and return it. Amazon's return policy is superb. No restocking fee, small return shipping charge unless defective.

6. KillerCut

Everything I return to amazon is defective, haha

7. bartold

Just got ahold of them again and they said within the week. Don't know if I should go the Amazon route or not. Just worried that I could possibly have a faulty drone and do not know it. Or I order the tablet and then the app comes before the tablet arrives.

8. Jonesy22

Yeah by the time I order and it arrives the app may be out lol

9. keeny

Don't you know anybody with an android device you could use to test your p3 ?

10. Jonesy22

No my friends are apple nerds lol

11. gfredrone

My buddy let me borrow his Samsung 10.1 tab and the app runs great on it but the device is waaaaaaaay to big. Thinking about just grabbing a shield and keeping it for backup when apple gives us trouble in the future. I see this happening over and over going forward on app updates. This is the second time DJI has had trouble on the iOS side.

12. edonovanl

That's actually not a bad idea...I'm more of a Samsung guy so would go with the 8.4" Galaxy Tab S and already have a certified refurbished one ($260-WiFi) in my Amazon cart..

13. Cooter3690

Be careful with doing that though, I did that for a while and I got an email from them saying that they're going to take each return on a case-by-case basis because my defective items were outside the range of normal and if it continued to happen, they would delete my Amazon account.