IOS APP V1.0.37 Range Extender Voltage feedback

gunslinger said:
BenDronePilot said:
Hi Sling, I flew my Phantom today in gusty winds, It flew nice and sold. I was using the new app on both my iPhone 5 as well as my Nexus 7. I set my preview quality to 640x480 30FPS on both and did a test out to 2,000+ feet. It ran flawlessly on both at first with nice smooth frame rates. The iPhone was consistantly good, but the Android app was smooth at first, but then on the way back it began randomly pausing from time to time, not enough to make it unusable but enough to be annoying. The new version of the iPhone app didn't do this at all. I don't know if that's what you were experiencing or not on your Nexus but that's what was happening with mine. I'll do another test run tomorrow. Also I brought my Phantom up to 500 feet with no problems or height warning messages. If I had the 3.0 firmware update the flight restrictions would have limited me to around 350 feet at the Park I was flying but the combination of the new DJI app along with the firmware directly before the new flight safety zone firmware worked just fine no problem. With the exception of the occasional random pauses on the Android app. Again I was using 640x480 30F fps preview the whole time. Also my Phantom has 2 Skew Planers on it and I was using a 12 dbi helical on repeater.

Interesting... I need to test this on my iPhone tomorrow. It was just too windy to try it today. Also... The hard drive on my main computer croaked out of the blue with no warning. I just feel so totally crippled. I'm an IT pro from way back, so I'm putting together a plan to get myself back in the mix. It's going to be ugly and time consuming, but... it is what it is...

I'll do my best to see if the iPhone 4S works okay at high res on a high run... I'll feedback the results...

Thanks so much for the info, Ben... much appreciated...

-slinger...

No problem. Glad to be of any help I can. It'll be interesting to see how my flight tests run tomorrow to see if the android app has those random pauses again. Happy flying! I hope it works well on your iPhone 4S, I'm sure it will though.

artbrana said:
What is the number underneath the wifi extender symbol on the IOS app?

Don't feel bad, I thought it might have been related to the extender, too. There's a screen shot, in this thread, showing what happens on a P2V+. There's actually a percentage of battery life left right next to the extender icon...

-slinger

nhoover said:
I tried the new app inadvertently today when it updated itself. When it was just starting up the repeater icon was grey and there was a percentage next to it. Since I fly with the repeater powered I didn't ever get below 100% and the icon just stayed blue the whole time I was flying.

PS They fixed the 3300' problem! Way bigger deal than the range extender battery life for me!

Please post a screenshot.

gpauk said:
Once connected, on a PV, the icon is always blue.. Even if you are using an external repeater and the PV one is off...

So... It's just a pretty little icon sitting there whispering.....( Buy a Plus... Buy a Plus... Buy a Plus... ) :D

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj