iOS App to tell you what Airspace you are in?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an iOS App that would tell me what airspace I'm in? It would also need to use the altitude info from the GPS on the phone or Phantom for Class B Airspace. Is such an app available? Would be great if it would also be able to pull up NOTAMS & TFRs also.

Foreflight. Overkill for what you're asking for but I use it all the time. There are other aviation apps as well.

Foreflight is about $75 a year. Same with Garmin Pilot. Overkill. I just want something for Airspace and wouldn't mind paying $10 or so for an app. Looks like everything is geared to Private Pilots.

You can download the free Foreflight app, it does show you aeronautical charts. I think that is exactly what you are looking for. You will have to find someone who is a pilot or learn what all the symbols on the charts mean. Once you do that you will know exactly what airspace you are flying into. I just downloaded it and it is the same charts a pilot would use. It uses your location and shows you the what you need to know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic