Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iOS 9.2 Booting and battery problems

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by alecB, Dec 12, 2015.

1. alecB

So I have iOS 9.2 and the latest firmware on the bird and version of the DJI Go app. Today me and my brother went out for a flight. Tested the new version at home first, everything seemed fine. When we got down to the beach I plugged my device in and suddenly my iPhone 6+ rebooted and told me I had to plug inn a charger. So I though I maybe had not had 50% of battery left after all. So we downloaded the app on my brothers iPhone 6+ with 9.2 also.. he had 54% battery left. after 6 mins of flying, his phone also booted and went into "need to charge mode". So I landed manually and went home. When I stuck my phone in the charger and booted it said 32%. My brother also had juice left. 40%.. Its a couple of minus degrees here, not to low.
    When I flew a month a go with iOS 9.1 in -4 there where no problems.. so I guess there is a problem with iOS 9.2??
    anybody else have this issue?

#1 alecB, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

I have 9.2 also and have not seen that yet . I do use a Mini to fly with though .My phone also has it but have not really noticed and more battery usage than before but I don't fly with it . Maybe it's just an phone issue with the Go app.......
    You don't have apps running in the background do you ?

3. alecB

Nope, closed everything on both phones :) But tried with iPad Air 2 just now, and it worked without problems.. So its a phone issue i guess :)

4. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Is no telling what issue's this 9.2 update will have but glad you found out early so more that just use phones to fly with
    will hold up on updating them :)