iOS 9.1

Healthydrones doesnt REALLY tell anyone much of anything. Its cool info, but hardly telltale indications of anything. The light bulb worked fine the prior 1000 time I turned it on too.. but today it doesnt work. It must have a secret expiration date?!?

No, I dont work for DJI. I will never associate my self with big money corporate BS. Its all a big scam!

Streve, I'm with you. These quads are wildly technical and thus take some troubleshooting and computer knowledge to make sure they function properly. I would agree that pilot error and a lack of attention to detail are what cause most issues. My fear is exactly what was stated earlier about a million drones being sold this Christmas and then falling out of the sky. It most likely won't be because the FW isn't up to date or the latest iOS update is jacked up, it will be people who have no business operating something this technical without a healthy understanding of what they possess. Unfortunately my concern is that a decent number of people are going to screw this great experience up for everyone who is responsible.

CabinP3, I completely understand your frustration. I was bricked for a month while I troubleshot an issue of my RC not connecting to my iPad. After using this forum and an understanding of troubleshooting electronics from the navy I traced the fault to the USB port on the video output card. I was pissed that my new P3 had such a stupid fault after 37 flights but I understand that things like that happen to expensive things. Should the product function properly for more than a few months before an issue arrises, absolutely. Luckily the issue only cost $99 to fix and I was back in the air 15 minutes after swapping out the part and updating all the RC FW and the DJI Go app. I was apprehensive about taking it for a flight after reading the threads about FW update issues. The only way to get over it was to make sure I did all the proper pre flight checks and cals and took off. I've had 10 flights in the last two days that have all been flawless .

I know this doesn't help either side of the discussion but I'm with Streve when he said a few people having issues doesn't mean the whole platform is jacked up. Hope you get back in the air soon!

Im hoping that the more capable drones, the P3, the Solo, and the Q500 POS, all have a high enough price tag that it keeps the masses from buying them. At least by the millions! It doesnt bother me knowing that worthless parents are buying crap their kids will destroy the first time they fly them. My main fear is the ones that have a few more brain cells that realize that they CAN snoop on people, and get pics of things they shouldnt be. Same fear I guess, just more directed.

Since you know so much, I hope you will get mine going if 9.1 and 2.4 do not correct the problem.

I don't know if you really get it.

But since you are so smart (maybe even smarter than healtydrones) you can tell me how to (step by step) start from scratch.

Currently, the Mini 4 has been updated to Go2.4. IOS is still at 9.0.2 with asking to update to 9.1. My thoughts are

1. Delete Go 2.4 on Mini 4
2. Update IOS to 9.1
x set settings (multitasking off... and your suggestions)
3. Reinstall GO 2.4
4. Do IMU re-calc
5. Do Gimbal re-calc
6. Re-set Go settings
- Imperial
- Your suggestions
7. Re-calc compass
8. Other?

If your are "Mr. Know It All" and you have the time to provide a step-by-step guide to a complete re-start, I would really appreciate the info. I have done this other times but a step-by-step by a pro would be great. To bad DJI does not have it included in the manual.

To bad DJI does not have it included in the manual.
That I will totally agree with, but there are far too many variables to be able to document them all. Apple crap is simple I guess. They are all the same. There are literally millions of combinations of HW FW and OS in the Android world. I fly 4 Android devices, and an Air2.

Since you said you only use your tablet for your P3 I wouldn't worry about multitasking. It will have no bearing on your tablets functionality.

Im assuming you have already updated your transmitter? I would do that before updating P3 FW.

The only variation I would insert in what you listed is in red
1. Delete Go 2.4 on Mini 4
2. Update IOS to 9.1 (Skip the backup)
x Factory reset
3. Reinstall GO 2.4
4. Do IMU re-cal
5. Re-cal compass
6. Re-set Go settings
- Imperial
- I would start with video caching off
7. Do Gimbal re-calc

To both... what is so frustrating is

1. It flew so perfect with a Mini 2 before updating
2. Both DJI and Apple know it is a problem
3. The inconsistency of DJI problems
4. HAVING NO CONFIDENCE IN FLYING!!!!

P.S. Steve, believe me I know that all most all are going to fall out of the sky because of OE. My point being that if there is an overload like this a lack of information is only going to compound the problem. The media is going to have a heyday. Wait until they find little Johnny peaking in the cheerleaders window.

Reactions: III% Streve
Steve... thanks for your thoughts, that is what I have been doing before with the exception of order of the gimbal re-calc. It will be about a week before I get to get back at it (and I sure hope it works). I was writing when you commented about snooping and I am sure you have seen my comment about little Johnny. We have all of these rich daddies buying 8 year old Johnny a DJI P3 and wondering what to do when the screen goes black on Christmas morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20