IOS 9.0.2 FW 141 video issues

Reaction score
Greetings I recently upgraded to 1.4.1 FW and IOS 9.0.2 and now have intermittent black/white bars at 45 degree angles in the video on my ipad mini 3. The are the most prominent at the beginning of the flight then decrease and sometimes are gone completely. No background apps running during flight and I was recording at 4K. Any IOS or FW settings I may have overlooked?
Bob

Sounds like your exposure setting is wrong

Pete:
I am seeing the b/w angled bars on the ipad not in the finished video/still.. Are you saying the b/w angled bars are an indication of over/under exposure? If so I have never seen them prior to 1.4.1 & IOS 9.0.2.

Pete:
I am seeing the b/w angled bars on the ipad not in the finished video/still.. Are you saying the b/w angled bars are an indication of over/under exposure? If so I have never seen them prior to 1.4.1 & IOS 9.0.2.
Yes, they are over exposure indicators called zebra-- Thy can be turned off in the camera settings or you can dial them out with the camera wheel-- or the right side of the controller
Search the forum for Zebra and you will see plenty of threads talking about this.

Reactions: Pete Leare
The zebra bars are definitely caused by having the overexposure warning on. Turn it off and they go away. However during the two flights after turning them off I did experience very brief instances of a portion of the video screen going black and they were to quick to do a screen capture and did not show up in the video.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 291
The zebra bars are definitely caused by having the overexposure warning on. Turn it off and they go away. However during the two flights after turning them off I did experience very brief instances of a portion of the video screen going black and they were to quick to do a screen capture and did not show up in the video.
That is temporary loss of signal to the controller -- it will not affect the video the camera is shooting.

I realize the partial blank screen is a temporary loss of video signal. The point is I never saw them before the latest upgrades.
I have had them occasionally when my IPad overheated in the hot summer weather, or got out of range or behind obstructions. No differences for mine on any of the FW upgrades or App updates, I am running the latest now and everything is working fine as long as I don't experience the issues above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20