Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

IOS 8.4.1 any way we can still downgrade? Pls help!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ayrtonginster, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Ayrtonginster

Hi all,

Desperate to get back to 8.4.1 on my iPad mini 2, any way at all we can still get back?

2. Lonewolf

Do a search for it online. Be sure it's a "Signed" version. Once you download it. Rename the file wit a .ipsw extension. Open iTunes and restore it from the folder you saved it to.

3. Ayrtonginster

Thanks, sorry to be thick but how can I tell if it's signed? Also ive found a zip restore file for my device but it's a dmg file! When I try and import it via iTunes it doesn't register. Is that why it needs to be changed to a Ipsn extension? How do I do it?

Thanks in advance

4. Ayrtonginster

Sorry Ispw file

5. Bryn Williams

Hi, I'm pretty sure the Ipad mini 2 can't be rolled back as apple aren't releasing any signed version of 8.4.1 for it

Actually I stand corrected it seems this is possible, just make sure you get the correct file for your exact model of mini 2 or it will not work

Bryn.

#5 Bryn Williams, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  6. Lonewolf

Try redmondpie.com they still offer "Singed" 8.4.1 iOS files. Find your device then download the respective zipfile. Change the .zip extension to.ipsw by simply renaming it. Now iTunes will recognize it when you hit the restore button. Good luck!

And DON'T forget to turn off the Auto Update feature! Otherwise your effort will be all for naught!

#6 Lonewolf, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015