IOS 8.4.1 any way we can still downgrade? Pls help!!

Hi all,

Desperate to get back to 8.4.1 on my iPad mini 2, any way at all we can still get back?
Do a search for it online. Be sure it's a "Signed" version. Once you download it. Rename the file wit a .ipsw extension. Open iTunes and restore it from the folder you saved it to.

Thanks, sorry to be thick but how can I tell if it's signed? Also ive found a zip restore file for my device but it's a dmg file! When I try and import it via iTunes it doesn't register. Is that why it needs to be changed to a Ipsn extension? How do I do it?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I'm pretty sure the Ipad mini 2 can't be rolled back as apple aren't releasing any signed version of 8.4.1 for it

Actually I stand corrected it seems this is possible, just make sure you get the correct file for your exact model of mini 2 or it will not work

Bryn.

Last edited:
Sorry Ispw file
Try redmondpie.com they still offer "Singed" 8.4.1 iOS files. Find your device then download the respective zipfile. Change the .zip extension to.ipsw by simply renaming it. Now iTunes will recognize it when you hit the restore button. Good luck!

And DON'T forget to turn off the Auto Update feature! Otherwise your effort will be all for naught!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic