Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

IOS 8.2 and 3.12 updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dirkclod, Mar 12, 2015.

1. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Seen we had an ios update so I did it and also went ahead and put 3.12 in bird . Was having issues with my wide yawing so I set it up with a piece of glass across the motor shafts as I have read about in here and did an advanced imu calibration and then went out and recalibrated the compass .
    No issues what so ever with flying down 1 battery with all this and as far as that Yaw trick... Sweet :D Turns both ways like on a pole and don't sling shot off like it was before .
    1st screenshot is where I had just opened app and was reformatting my card and saw 11 sats , then second was just out a little from my house with 12 sats .
    Just thought I'd share :D

Attached Files:

2. Mcook929

You have peaked my curiosity with this. Could you explain further or link a converstaion explaining.

3. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

When in just a hover I would yaw hard right or left and stop and it would sorta slingshot off one way for just a little and then drift back . My table I had been using was off level just a bit so I took a piece of glass and laid it over the tops of the motor shaft and got it dead level before doing an advanced IMU calibration and it fixed it . There are several threads in here on it and this is one .viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35131#p324122

4. Cytranic

Glad my thread is living on! ;) I was obsessed with my yaw drift..

5. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure where your at in that but Thanks as it helped me ! :D